You know what sucks...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. All of that corrosion from one outing? I thought you were going to say it fell out of the holster and skated across the asphalt.

BC

Well to be fair, I didn't do much to wipe it off when it came out of my pocket - it just got a quick once-over and went right into the safe (I was in a hurry).

MMC - you think they'll re-do the finish? I never thought about that. Really it doesn't bother me as it is, I'm just seriously worried about the future of the bare metal.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. All of that corrosion from one outing? I thought you were going to say it fell out of the holster and skated across the asphalt.

BC

Dang man, no kidding. That's some pretty mean sweat you have there... do you burn holes in your shirts?? :) I honestly expected to see that if feel out and hit the pavement too, sweat would have been the last thing I would have thought of.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's really weird. I carry a 642 often. I wear it outside mowing, yard work, etc. and have nothing like that going on and I've had it for about a year. I don't even wipe it off half the time. I'd say you got one with a bad finish. Also you shouldn't have frame corrosion since it is an aluminum alloy. The barrel and cylinder could rust, I guess, if you are packing sweat that.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's really weird. I carry a 642 often. I wear it outside mowing, yard work, etc. and have nothing like that going on and I've had it for about a year. I don't even wipe it off half the time. I'd say you got one with a bad finish. Also you shouldn't have frame corrosion since it is an aluminum alloy. The barrel and cylinder could rust, I guess, if you are packing sweat that.

What he said!!! I would expect that from carbon steel, but aluminum?? Something isn't right. I would get on the phone to S&W, and also email pic's to them. Do you have this issue with your other alloy guns???

Latest posts

Top Bottom