You know what sucks...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What sucks worse is having your favorite S&W Model 638 stolen when some P.O.S. smashes the rear window of your car while parked in a hotel parking lot and gets your briefcase!!(I know , pretty dumb to leave it in there).
Never the less, still sucks buttermilk! :crying:

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've also had bad experiences with the finish on two different 642s. They just don't hold up well, IMO.

Should have kept that Kahr, huh EZ? :comfort: I sweat all over mine.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No such luck - got hold of the Smith and Wesson Customer Service rep and he didn't say much at all other than it was the clear-coat and "that's what happens when your gun is exposed to sweat under certain conditions".

I asked how much it would be to have it re-done at Smith and he sort of ducked the question by saying that in order to have the gun re-clearcoated, they might have to change the serial number of I might not even get the same frame back.

When I told him that I had a no-lock gun and asked if I might get a lock-frame back he said "yeah, its possible".

Sort of disappointing considering the legendary customer service tales I've heard about Smith.

Oh well - now to call Mike :D

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's really lame. I wonder if the serial number is laser etched after the frame is anodized. That might explain why there would be a serial number issue with refinishing.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No such luck - got hold of the Smith and Wesson Customer Service rep and he didn't say much at all other than it was the clear-coat and "that's what happens when your gun is exposed to sweat under certain conditions".

I asked how much it would be to have it re-done at Smith and he sort of ducked the question by saying that in order to have the gun re-clearcoated, they might have to change the serial number of I might not even get the same frame back.

When I told him that I had a no-lock gun and asked if I might get a lock-frame back he said "yeah, its possible".

Sort of disappointing considering the legendary customer service tales I've heard about Smith.

Oh well - now to call Mike :D

That's not good. I have had a couple if issues with S&W and they bent over backwards to make things right. Maybe if you sent them a detailed email with pictures you might get someone a little customer orientated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom