You know you've got a problem when...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavrick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how is the sound with the full power stuff? I have wanted one for a while but cant seem to pull the trigger. Any plans on going sub sonic? I found a thing when i was looking about reloading your own SS 308 it invloved drilling the flash hole and magnum primers and pistol powder like tight group or you could use lapua ss at $50 a box of 20.

Dustin

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how is the sound with the full power stuff? I have wanted one for a while but cant seem to pull the trigger. Any plans on going sub sonic? I found a thing when i was looking about reloading your own SS 308 it invloved drilling the flash hole and magnum primers and pistol powder like tight group or you could use lapua ss at $50 a box of 20.

Dustin

I posted about it a while back - QTRMOA gave me a good recipe for ss rounds - I'm having a friend load me some up to see how it works out.

QTRMOA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SS rounds are usually from contact to 150-200 yards max on the 7.62 platform.
They are "mission specific" type tools.
I know a few guys that run the MK11 and have used SS rounds for allot of different hard/soft targets.
My dope for my SS rounds is +12.5 MOA at 100 yards and will hold minute of hair-ball out to 150 yards.

LtCCMPUnit42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're cleaning your bolt/bore outside in the snow so you can go shoot it with your new can (in the snow) and get a good cold/clean measurement :thumb:

This thing kicks so much ass it might just have essence of Chuck Norris in it.

Pretty big shift in POI, but once I got it figured out, I did a quick sight-in (sucky 1 9/16") 3-shot group at 202yds and then a better 4-shot 15/16" group at the same distance - not too shabby seeing as how I was in a hurry and freezing cold.

Cold Clean was 1/2 Minute high (judging from the rest of the shots in the sight-in group) - which I thought was strange, but good to know (hope they pass that suppressor hunting thing soon).

Now, off to YMCA basketball practice!

Hey EZ-Bake, how much velocity do you loose w/your suppressor? Are you shooting subsonic or standard velocity?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey EZ-Bake, how much velocity do you loose w/your suppressor? Are you shooting subsonic or standard velocity?

I'm shooting Federal GMM 168Gr BTHP's through mine - and that is a very good question as to how much velocity I'm loosing - seems to be less than a minute shift, but I've really not got a good with/without test in yet. I'd love to borrow (or break down and buy) a chrono, but I just blew my budget on this stupid Noveske carbine so I'm actually scrambling together enough to get my son's rifle-smithing paid for.

LtCCMPUnit42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm shooting Federal GMM 168Gr BTHP's through mine - and that is a very good question as to how much velocity I'm loosing - seems to be less than a minute shift, but I've really not got a good with/without test in yet. I'd love to borrow (or break down and buy) a chrono, but I just blew my budget on this stupid Noveske carbine so I'm actually scrambling together enough to get my son's rifle-smithing paid for.

I've got a chrony, maybe we could get together and run it. where the hell is Morris anyway? Might be able to take a day and run out there, bring the chrony and a few rifles, put some rounds down range. still tuning on my Warbird, but I might have it ready by the time I could make it out your way.:thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom