You might want to sit down for this one...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lemme see if I get this straight; guys way the hell up in a tree, a shaky, skinny tree, and it's all swaying around in the wind, and he's swingin' a chainsaw around. Uh...nope.
A shaky, skinny broken tree.

ded.gif

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd do it - 25 years ago. And I have done it, just exactly that way, just not that high, but really it doesnt matter if your 40 feet up or 200. Same result if ya fall.
Not anymore, I wont get on an ladder to change a light bulb now.

Last edited:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If this doesn’t make you soil yourself .....well I don’t know what will

I'd do it - 25 years ago. And I have done it, just exactly that way, just not that high, but really it doesnt matter if your 40 feet up or 200. Same result of ya fall.
Not anymore, I wont get on an ladder to change a light bulb now.

LOL, 12 to 14 years ago I got on my roof because I used to put up Christmas lights, and in my previous houses the pitch wasn’t very bad. But this house...well I leaned over the edge like I always had and started stapling. I got about 6 feet hung and stopped and went to the peak of the garage gable (.looked 35 foot down) and i quickly went back down pulled what I had hung thus far and well.......it was on that day that I became a Scrooge. I haven’t hung lights since. The pitch is nasty and its 3 bays wide of concrete so I would not survive the fall, or worse yet would be a vegetable. The center gable is even worse like 50 feet so I never could have completed the whole house anyway. I did get on the roof dead center of the main gable with a harness attached to the other side of the house, i replaced the cedar around the dormer windows and my ass was biting wholes in the shingles while I was up there. Would have only been slightly maimed had I fell from there maybe 20 foot drop onto the sidewalk...needless to day I wont go back up there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If this doesn’t make you soil yourself .....well I don’t know what will

LOL, 12 to 14 years ago I got on my roof because I used to put up Christmas lights, and in my previous houses the pitch wasn’t very bad. But this house...well I leaned over the edge like I always had and started stapling. I got about 6 feet hung and stopped and went to the peak of the garage gable (.looked 35 foot down) and i quickly went back down pulled what I had hung thus far and well.......it was on that day that I became a Scrooge. I haven’t hung lights since. The pitch is nasty and its 3 bays wide of concrete so I would not survive the fall, or worse yet would be a vegetable. The center gable is even worse like 50 feet so I never could have completed the whole house anyway. I did get on the roof dead center of the main gable with a harness attached to the other side of the house, i replaced the cedar around the dormer windows and my ass was biting wholes in the shingles while I was up there. Would have only been slightly maimed had I fell from there maybe 20 foot drop onto the sidewalk...needless to day I wont go back up there.

Crazy video. We had a giant hackberry tree at the farm that would do that. We called it the tripod tree. You could actually get inside of the three legs and look up the hollow part. It blew down in a wind storm a few years back.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd do it - 25 years ago. And I have done it, just exactly that way, just not that high, but really it doesnt matter if your 40 feet up or 200. Same result of ya fall.
Not exactly. As high as that dude was, you'd have plenty of time to reconsider your life choices on the way down.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not exactly. As high as that dude was, you'd have plenty of time to reconsider your life choices on the way down.
He wasn't much over 100' it looks like.
I used to repel off much higher.
Anyone remember the Bell Isle power plant building off I-44 and Classen in 1986? The smoke stack went to the ground floor and I dropped on a rope inside that stack multiple times. Our rope was 200' and missed reaching the bottom floor by about 6'. We did this after dark too, what a rush.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom