You think this buck was gored or shot???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had some new pictures of a buck i have not seen since oct 1st. He is showing some aggression Friday at my feeder. he was banging it around a little.

i noticed this wound on his shoulder, and cant decide what may have happened, any ideas?

Attachments

• buck.jpg
    buck.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 377
  • buck....jpg
    buck....jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 389

TerryD

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it would have been a gunshot right there in his shoulder, I wouldnt think he would be walking around worrying about a feeder, lol. probably just got hurt in a fight

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say gored. I have seen a lot of deer with similar wounds after a good fight. However it's not entirely impossible that he was shot. I took out a deer once that hobbled out in front of me. One front shoulder had a hole in it about the size of a pie plate. He had obviously been shot, but the bullet just disintegrated on impact before penetrating.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was not thinking gun shot. i was thinking maybe an above shot from arrow that just glanced him. Possibly a hard quartering away shot and arrow just nicked him. But you guys are probably right and was due to a fight

Latest posts

Top Bottom