Young lady at the gas station...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve come across many tourist types on the Nature Conservancy gravel roads north of Pawhuska with flat tires that possibly would still be there with a blank look on their faces had I not stopped and helped them. It amazes me how many people don’t know righty tightly, lefty loosy or where the jack is or how to use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Give em a plymouth from the 60's where the left side of the vehicle had left hand thread lug bolts while the right side had right handed threads.
Heads would explode!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Give em a plymouth from the 60's where the left side of the vehicle had left hand thread lug bolts while the right side had right handed threads.
Heads would explode!

Seems like I remember those having 'safety wheels' also. I think you had to put the tires on from the back side instead of the front side like regular wheels. Seems like this is what I remember..........

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like I remember those having 'safety wheels' also. I think you had to put the tires on from the back side instead of the front side like regular wheels. Seems like this is what I remember..........

You may be correct, but I don't remember. Buddy had a plymouth and for some reason we had to change the tires in High School.
I fought that left side with a lug wrench with longer and longer cheaters, finally snapping the lug.
When looking at it, there was the letter L on the center of the lug. On the other side it said R. Light came on, and bingo!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may be correct, but I don't remember. Buddy had a plymouth and for some reason we had to change the tires in High School.
I fought that left side with a lug wrench with longer and longer cheaters, finally snapping the lug.
When looking at it, there was the letter L on the center of the lug. On the other side it said R. Light came on, and bingo!

When I sold auto parts (early 80s) - we had a Dorman drawer full of those. Lots of twisted off lugs over that.

As for Ramen noodles - a pack of those and a ziplock full of dehydrated deer, beans and veggies makes a great backpacking meal.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy at work was kinda making fun of his teenage daughter burning Ramen noodles and setting off the smoke alarm. I irritated him when I said it sounds like a parenting fail to me. That is a skill parents should be teaching kids.

Edit to add: it was in the microwave. Youth was born in early 2000s.

This is kinda my thought process on this.

BUT, not all of these "kids" are morons. Granted, a lot are, but most of that is due to bad parenting and a lack of drive. I'm probably one of the younger guys on this forum, but I don't have an issue using keys, typewriters, VCR's, rebuilding engines (diesel ones at least), tying my shoes, a knot, fishing line, or a tie; cooking, or anything else that seems to be "too advanced for kids these days". Leaning on broad, sweeping generalizations ends up causing any one of us to miss out on what is really going on.

Give it a few years, none of us will understand how day to day things work and we'll be having our descendants teaching us how to get by.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
This is kinda my thought process on this.

BUT, not all of these "kids" are morons. Granted, a lot are, but most of that is due to bad parenting and a lack of drive. I'm probably one of the younger guys on this forum, but I don't have an issue using keys, typewriters, VCR's, rebuilding engines (diesel ones at least), tying my shoes, a knot, fishing line, or a tie; cooking, or anything else that seems to be "too advanced for kids these days". Leaning on broad, sweeping generalizations ends up causing any one of us to miss out on what is really going on.

Give it a few years, none of us will understand how day to day things work and we'll be having our descendants teaching us how to get by.

i think I AM the youngest one on this forum. Only reason I understand most of the older things is because the OK Panhandle is technologically 20 years behind OKC and Tulsa.

Or maybe it’s because I went straight to work in Oil and Gas after high school and didn’t go to college. :cool::cool:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was listening to some ditz on the radio yesterday talking about how great it was that we don't separate boys to shop/girls to home ec anymore.

That moron obviously hasn't tried to hire a production worker in the last decade.

Latest posts

Top Bottom