Your Favorite Hunting Equipment Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread.

Anyone got some cool gear for this season? I'm pretty much set but am looking at a Badlands Superday backpack. Those things look suuuhhh-weet!!!!

I recommend the Superday. I got one last year and it's totally righteous.

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_012.jpg

I did end up with a Cabela's wool sweater per imhntn's recommendation, it's sweet. It's just down the list from my berber fleece and polartec undies on the list of favorite hunting clothes. My Cabelas Super Slam fleece bibs are also my friend in cold weather. Quiet, warm.

I can also recommend Danner Elk Hunter boots by Cabela's.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of cold weather gear. I used to think I knew what cold weather hunting was until I moved to Nebraska. Our December muzzie season can be down right brutal at times. Once had a deer starting to freeze on me before I got it back to the truck. Actual temperature was -13 that morning, I can't remember what the windchill was.

Anyway, I can reccommend anything with a "made in the USA" tag on it. Typically it holds up longer and the warranty service is MUCH better. EX: Leupold and Danner (the ones made in the US that is)

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of cold weather gear. I used to think I knew what cold weather hunting was until I moved to Nebraska. Our December muzzie season can be down right brutal at times. Once had a deer starting to freeze on me before I got it back to the truck. Actual temperature was -13 that morning, I can't remember what the windchill was.

Anyway, I can reccommend anything with a "made in the USA" tag on it. Typically it holds up longer and the warranty service is MUCH better. EX: Leupold and Danner (the ones made in the US that is)

LOL Yeah, I found out what cold was when stationed at Minot AFB, North Dakota.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I recommend the Superday. I got one last year and it's totally righteous.

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_012.jpg

I did end up with a Cabela's wool sweater per imhntn's recommendation, it's sweet. It's just down the list from my berber fleece and polartec undies on the list of favorite hunting clothes. My Cabelas Super Slam fleece bibs are also my friend in cold weather. Quiet, warm.

I can also recommend Danner Elk Hunter boots by Cabela's.

Oh that's good to know! Cool!

Oh I did get another treestand... I just haven't received it yet, but I ordered another climber from Timbertall. I got the Brute Lite in a group buy deal. I still LOVE my Summit Viper though. That thing is sooo comfy. This new treestand has a built in leveling system though. That looks pretty sweet.

Reaction score
That damn Scentlock stuff is good but it's so overpriced.

Since you said that, I have to mention this - there is for sale at Academy right now - I'm crappin ya negatory - a blaze orange hunting vest - thin; just for orange, not warmth. Not even camo-blaze. But it's Under-Armor brand - and so it's $50. Most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life. For $1.99 at Walmart right before the season, I can get a camo-orange vest.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since you said that, I have to mention this - there is for sale at Academy right now - I'm crappin ya negatory - a blaze orange hunting vest - thin; just for orange, not warmth. Not even camo-blaze. But it's Under-Armor brand - and so it's $50. Most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life. For $1.99 at Walmart right before the season, I can get a camo-orange vest.

Even though they are thin, they do actually help keep you warm the same way the regular under armour does.

On topic with my favorite hunting gear of recent is my under armour cold gear base layers. They are worth every penny that they cost.

Reaction score
You're telling me this is gonna help keep you warm? :

http://www.google.com/products?q=un...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CEkQrQQwAg

It doesn't even *claim* that warmth is one of its attributes or advantages over its competition (nevermind the impossibility of containing heat with the huge arm holes and such). When was the last time any product, let alone a super-heavily-hyped one, actually did *more* than advertised?

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom