Your Favorite Hunting Equipment Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not saying wear it alone will keep you warm, but if it is made like other under armour then I bet it would def help. I could be wrong, as I have not seen these in person.

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're telling me this is gonna help keep you warm? :

http://www.google.com/products?q=un...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CEkQrQQwAg

It doesn't even *claim* that warmth is one of its attributes or advantages over its competition (nevermind the impossibility of containing heat with the huge arm holes and such). When was the last time any product, let alone a super-heavily-hyped one, actually did *more* than advertised?

I'm a huge under armour fan and even I wouldn't spend that for an orange vest. I have their gloves, jacket, hats, base layers etc.. They really do make great hunting clothing, but it's not cheap.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife bought me one of these last year and I wear it for the majority of the season with a short or long sleeve underarmor-type base layer underneath. I like the look of the Max4, and I think it blends in to the Oklahoma background better than most. It's supposed to be for "early" season... maybe in Canada. I have all the vents open till it gets around 50ish, but don't swap it for my heavy jacket till it's 30ish. Super thin and light weight, but crazy warm. High dollar stuff, but goes on sale for about half from time to time.

http://www.drakewaterfowl.com/products/DW141.php#enlarge

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here's the best $20 you will spend. It's a small day pack that will hold more than the essentials without being huge. I have an eagle pack, but I realized it was too big.

I keep my survival pack inside, 2 way radio, flashlight, para cord, calls, rangefinder, poncho, binoculars etc.. Plus, it has a spot for a hydration bladder all for $20.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10202768____SearchResults

I'm not gonna lie, that looks like a freakin good deal! $20?!! I may have to check that out! I already got a decent back pack but am wanting more. Oh actually I have two... But I love backpacks.

Thanks for the heads up!

DownDeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mainly hunt public and corp. of engineer land. And my favorite piece of equipment is my Trophy Line Tree Saddle. I have approx. 25-30 trees that I can hunt out of right now, without any worry of getting a hang-on stand stole or finding some buttwiper hunting out of it. I wear my "Treestand" in and I wear it out. The tree Saddle weighs about 3lbs. It is differant using one at first, but very nice and comfy when you get used to it. When I find a new tree/location, I mark it on my GPS, and run screw steps in, hunt, get out of tree and it is ready for the next time I want to hunt there!
It is also a little more difficult to use with a bow then a firearm, but again, once you get used to it, you figure out how to get your body in the right postions.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mainly hunt public and corp. of engineer land. And my favorite piece of equipment is my Trophy Line Tree Saddle. I have approx. 25-30 trees that I can hunt out of right now, without any worry of getting a hang-on stand stole or finding some buttwiper hunting out of it. I wear my "Treestand" in and I wear it out. The tree Saddle weighs about 3lbs. It is differant using one at first, but very nice and comfy when you get used to it. When I find a new tree/location, I mark it on my GPS, and run screw steps in, hunt, get out of tree and it is ready for the next time I want to hunt there!
It is also a little more difficult to use with a bow then a firearm, but again, once you get used to it, you figure out how to get your body in the right postions.

My buddy swears by his!

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Yeah, I've heard lots of great things about these but they cost darn near as much as a treestand! WTF?

If I were hunting public land, I'd seriously consider giving this a go. They seem like the perfect "stand" for that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom