Your Favorite Small Frame Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since the recent Ruger GP-100 buy, a lot of you guys seem to have a renewed interest in revolvers.

What is your favorite small frame revolver?

I don't have any wheel guns yet, but I'm thinking about purchasing an LCR in the near future.

Thoughts? Opinions?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kind of like my SP101 in .357 mag. Small and reliable, but a tad on the heavy side. If I was going to use one for CCW, I'd look to some of the lighter offerings, probably from S&W.

For the record, I've always been a revolver kind of guy; don't know why, but I've always seemed to be a more accurate shooter with a revolver than semi-auto. But I do have a hankerin' for a nice .45 acp......

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even though it is no longer manufactured, my favorite small-frame revolver is the old Colt Police Positive Special. It is the same frame as the Detective Special.
The late Chic Gaylord was fond of it as well, calling it the 'most practical personal defense weapon for all-around use'.

Here is a link with a picture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Colt_Police_Postive_Special.jpg

Just a guess but from the sharp corners of the grip frame, I'd say that this particular gun dates from the mid-1950's. My PPS from the Royal Hong Kong Police is dated 1955 and its' grip has the sharp corners as well. I also have one in 32 S&W Long dated from 1958 that has the rounded grip frame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom