Your Favorite Small Frame Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I'll go on record now as saying I am a traditionalist. I may not as big of a traditionalist as others because I do carry a plastic pistol on duty and I do own an aluminum revolver.

However...

I feel like a polymer revolver is nothing short of an abomination. I'm sure this was said over and over back in the mid 80's when Gaston unleashed the storm that NOBODY saw coming to all the traditionalist of the shooting sport with a little ol' thang called the Glock 17.

The gun world hasn't quite been the same since.

As for plactic wheel guns? Eh...I dunno. Maybe they'll catch on, maybe they won't. I personally won't ever own one.

Anyway...

In answering the original question, my very favorite small revolver is absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt my Smith & Wesson J frame model 38 no dash Airweight Bodyguard from 1985-86. It's my BUG and my EDC gun. I carry it...

Every. Single. Day.

Since October 2008 it's been carried in a DeSantis "Nemesis" pocket holster, but thanks to Burklee :finger: I just ordered an El Paso Sadlery "Pocket Max" pocket holster for it. I also have a pocket holster on order from www.ttgunleather.com that strikes a remarkable resemblance to my very favorite pocket holster, the Milt Sparks PCH-R. I had one with my model 442 that I sold/traded last year. I din't figure I would ever carry a J frame again, so I let the Sparks pocket holster go with it.

Go figure. :cry11:

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few snubbies and carry almost all of them at different times. Sometimes I even go out with my late 30s S&W Terrier. If I had to pick a favorite? Tough call. I think it might be my Colt Detective Special in .32 Colt New Police.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Had an SP101, sold it. Great gun, just too heavy for what it was: a 5 shot backup or deep concealed gun. My Glock 19 weighs less, and holds 3 times as many rounds.

Have a S&W 642 (my wife's, actually), that is a great little gun. Takes some practice to get good with, but worth it.

Personally, I'd like to shoot an LCR, just to see if it lives up to the hype.

Latest posts

Top Bottom