Your first milsurp rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine was an SKS in the early 90s. After that it was most likely an Inland M1 carbine or a Turk Mauser. I'm not sure which of those came first. I've still never fired that Turk.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Non-refurbished, apparently unissued Russian SKS. That almost doesn't qualify for Milsurp, does it. It's now owned by another forum member.

Edit: The mind is a terrible thing to watch deteriorate. The above was "modern-era" stuff. Many years ago, I had a 1917 and an M1 Carbine, and frankly, probably a few others which will come to mind later.

Last edited:

Euclid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Persian Mauser.

I don't know why I bought it. I guess I was looking for something to buy with my newly-minted C&R license. Whatever the reason it was my gateway drug to what amounts to a healthy addiction in collecting old milsurps.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first rifle ever, which I got back when I was 15, was a Norinco SKS. It was a beautiful rifle, in great shape with a dark red stain to the wood. Then like a the dumbass kid that I was, I went and traded it for a damn CZ-52 pistol when I was 16.

I have only recently grown out of the habit of constantly selling or trading guns. I realized that I almost always end up regretting it.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After some thought i had to remember the first milsurp rifle i laid hands on was my grandpas T99 arisaka,series 6 nagoya arsenal. He let me hunt deer with it and he had some old old reloads that were way underpowered. It shot way low and i thought something was wrong with the gun but i got some new manufactured norma ammo and it shot like it should.

Latest posts

Top Bottom