Your first milsurp rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a spare Garand. Bought it from Perplexed a few weeks back since I was going to sell my other Garand. As it turns out I'm keeping my other one for sentimental reasons. So I have a Danish return Garand with the VAR barrel that is available. I'd sell it for what I have in it.

OH.....we should talk.........

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a spare Garand. Bought it from Perplexed a few weeks back since I was going to sell my other Garand. As it turns out I'm keeping my other one for sentimental reasons. So I have a Danish return Garand with the VAR barrel that is available. I'd sell it for what I have in it.

I won't have a spare Garand until I have 4 of them. It takes 3 to make the stacking swivels work right.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to get CMP-certified to buy US military surplus Garands for $500, come to an Appleseed. You can fulfill all the requirements by attending one of our weekend marksmanship clinics, which cost $70 for two days or $45 for one, and joining our parent organization the RWVA, which is a CMP-affiliated marksmanship organization. Those 2 things and proof of U.S. citizenship qualify you to buy a piece of history (which even by today's standards is not a half bad battle rifle) for about half price.

Check out Appleseed's schedule of Oklahoma events here: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states.php?filter=OK&statename=Oklahoma

We have one this weekend in Afton, and we're doing one Easter weekend at USSA in Tulsa. There are plenty more on the schedule throughout the year... find one near you and you won't regret it!

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Mitchell's Mauser" Yugo M48 in 8mm. I was 18 and looking for a first gun and got suckered into getting one through that company for about $300. The cases fell off the bolt face before they would eject so my finger was the ejector. But, boy was shooting bricks and crickets fun!

S

Steamer

Mine was a beat-up Enfield No.4 Mark I that I picked up cheap about six years ago - I wish I had appreciated milsurps years earlier when the selection was much greater.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine was a beat-up Enfield No.4 Mark I that I picked up cheap about six years ago - I wish I had appreciated milsurps years earlier when the selection was much greater.

Ditto here. I remember seeing M1 Carbines cheap but not picking one up. A coworker of mine has a Garand that he picked up from the CMP in the late 80s for $120. Picked up his Carbine at a gun show for $60. Now I wish I could go back in time and buy a bunch of that stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom