Your honest opinions.....scope mounting questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This pertains to the scope question in another post. I just purchased a Redfield 4-12x40 scope. Now pls don't bash the rifle, it is all I could afford at the time. I can't decide to put it on my Remington 710 (.270) or my Howa 1500 (.300 Win Mag). I picked up the Howa on a trade here not too long ago. It already has an older Redfield Illuminator scope. The Remington came with a Bushnell scope. Actually the Rem IS a nice shooter. The action isn't as smooth as a Rem 700, but I can't complain. For the money it is a very accurate shooter. The Rem will get more action with deer season coming up. I plan on using the .300 for pigs...Let me know what you guys would do. I also have a Marlin 30-30 that I can mount a scope on.

:fullauto:...................................................:50cal:

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me it would depend on two things. What are the specs of the scopes already on each rifle and what kind of deer hunting do you do? A lot of the places I hunt, 4-12 would suck. Way too much magnification. On the other hand, if you hunt longer range on the prairie, bean fields, or western Oklahoma, the 4-12 might be just right or maybe jot even enough magnification.

Latest posts

Top Bottom