Your ONE only .308/7.62x51mm?????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say I don't own a .308/7.62x51 rifle. There are several that I really like, it's just been an issue of affording one.

Here's the guns in that caliber I'd like to have (not in order):

1. SCAR 17 (I love being able to pull the bolt back from the side of the rifle)

2. M1A1 (one of America's sexiest battle rifles ever!)

3. Armalite AR10T (national match goodness and the original vampire!)

4. FN FAL (the gun is a legend and still putting the hurt on AK shooters *of the bad guy type-you know what I mean*)

5. Colt 901 (I LOVE Colts from AR's to six-guns...*I heart Colt* lol)

6. S&W M&P10 (I've discovered over the last few years that M&P15's are so good, they are my second choice behind Colt and that's high praise! Their M&P10 should be as good and at S&W's price point you just cannot find any AR10 even close to as good for this kind of price. I predict S&W will force other makers to make better AR10's and charge less for them or they will lose their business to S&W.

7. Can't think of it right now

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say I don't own a .308/7.62x51 rifle. There are several that I really like, it's just been an issue of affording one.

Here's the guns in that caliber I'd like to have (not in order):

1. SCAR 17 (I love being able to pull the bolt back from the side of the rifle)

2. M1A1 (one of America's sexiest battle rifles ever!)

3. Armalite AR10T (national match goodness and the original vampire!)

4. FN FAL (the gun is a legend and still putting the hurt on AK shooters *of the bad guy type-you know what I mean*)

5. Colt 901 (I LOVE Colts from AR's to six-guns...*I heart Colt* lol)

6. S&W M&P10 (I've discovered over the last few years that M&P15's are so good, they are my second choice behind Colt and that's high praise! Their M&P10 should be as good and at S&W's price point you just cannot find any AR10 even close to as good for this kind of price. I predict S&W will force other makers to make better AR10's and charge less for them or they will lose their business to S&W.

7. Can't think of it right now

I think you are a little confused about number 2.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Seems to me M1A rifles in .308/7.62 are easily found/bought/owned/shot. I've shot more than my share of them and am currently searching for one myself.

Quick search of the wiki-machine reveals and entire page for this rifle and it's M14 military counterpart.

Are you trying to catch him on a technicality here? I mean seriously, lots of people toss that '1' on the end. it's harmless. I can walk into H&H and ask for an M1A1 and they'd take me to an M1A.

I think most readers hear know he's not referring to an Abrams tank. (FWIW: there was an M1A1 version of the M1A rifle that was a carbine length folding stock version. pretty cool looking!)

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems to me M1A rifles in .308/7.62 are easily found/bought/owned/shot. I've shot more than my share of them and am currently searching for one myself.

Quick search of the wiki-machine reveals and entire page for this rifle and it's M14 military counterpart.

Are you trying to catch him on a technicality here?

Nope, the m1a and the m1a1 are two different platforms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom