Your ONE only .308/7.62x51mm?????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, I'm not a "he" so let's just get that out of the way now and move on.

Really? Yes, I meant M1a. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it was a typo but I guess some people want to show how smart they are by taking advantage of such things. Congratulations, I added an extra number and you caught it and made yourself feel good by making a scene over it while everyone else took it as a typo and went on but, yeah, I screwed up and put a "1" where it didn't belong, you got me, I'll change it now.

EDIT: I tried to fix it but it won't let me now so for anyone else reading...I meant to type "M1A" not "M1a1" so now there will be no confusion.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, I'm not a "he" so let's just get that out of the way now and move on.

Really? Yes, I meant M1a. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it was a typo but I guess some people want to show how smart they are by taking advantage of such things. Congratulations, I added an extra number and you caught it and made yourself feel good by making a scene over it while everyone else took it as a typo and went on but, yeah, I screwed up and put a "1" where it didn't belong, you got me, I'll change it now.

Originally Posted by uncle money bags
"I think you are a little confused about number 2."

I wrote that, and I own it.
It wasnt meant to hurt any ones feelings, or to demonstrate some superiority, or to be an ass.

If any member or guest here have been harmed in any way by my post, that is regrettable in so far as you do not understand the levity of my statement.

A simple.."oops, I screwed up, thanks for the catch.." or something to that effect would have been just dandy and could have ended the whole messy affair. Except for the the drawn out dialogue necessary to affect learning for at least one of our members who honestly did not know the difference, this conversation has been a reminder of just how easily some people get offended when confronted.

For them, I have no joy.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It isn't just one member here. I have heard tons of people call M-14 variants M1A1s... including one of my best friends who owns a really nice one. He variously calls it "M1A1" and "M-14A1." It's an M1A Scout. I don't say anything... I have given up long ago on trying to tell him he is wrong about anything, especially gun related. Plus it can be funny sometimes. He is one of those who messes up all sorts of names and expressions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom