Your ONE only .308/7.62x51mm?????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It isn't just one member here. I have heard tons of people call M-14 variants M1A1s... including one of my best friends who owns a really nice one. He variously calls it "M1A1" and "M-14A1." It's an M1A Scout. I don't say anything... I have given up long ago on trying to tell him he is wrong about anything, especially gun related. Plus it can be funny sometimes. He is one of those who messes up all sorts of names and expressions.

I hear ya. I've corrected my friend multiple times when he calls a magazine a clip. I even tried to show him the difference. He still calls them clips...

Last edited:

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems to me M1A rifles in .308/7.62 are easily found/bought/owned/shot. I've shot more than my share of them and am currently searching for one myself.

Quick search of the wiki-machine reveals and entire page for this rifle and it's M14 military counterpart.

Are you trying to catch him on a technicality here? I mean seriously, lots of people toss that '1' on the end. it's harmless. I can walk into H&H and ask for an M1A1 and they'd take me to an M1A.

I think most readers hear know he's not referring to an Abrams tank. (FWIW: there was an M1A1 version of the M1A rifle that was a carbine length folding stock version. pretty cool looking!)

Like throwing a "d" on the end of "an" and using "hear" instead of "here". It makes a difference in my book. Not trying to be a dick, just calling them like I see them.

lilboots

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I will admit that i learned something from the whole M1A and M1A1 typo thing.

As for my one and only .308, well it isnt a "battle rifle" but i am partial to my Ruger Gunsite Scout. I know its a bolt, but it is a joy to shoot.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I was on a real strict budget, I'd consider a British Enfield in .308. 10 round mag, fastest bolt ever, and decent sights.
For you tacticool ninjas that would scoff - ask a Soviet veteran of Afghanistan about the Enfield's effectiveness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom