Your opinions on Kel-Tec PF-9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a PF9 and carry it and like it a lot. I am waiting to see what the new Para 45 LDA is going to be like. I would like a .45. Wish Kel-Tec would
make a PF-45!

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a PF9, sold it to a member here and then I think he sold it to somebody else. I wasnt a fan of the stingy recoil and the fact it dug into my hand.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be fair, every compact, single stack 9mm I have ever shot, kicked like a mule, with the exception of some older all steel guns. I am use to double stack and the added width of the back strap i take for granted. But, when moving to the narrow grip and back strap of the single stack pistol, all that recoil energy is pressing on a smaller amount of skin which i think increases felt recoil.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be fair, every compact, single stack 9mm I have ever shot, kicked like a mule, with the exception of some older all steel guns. I am use to double stack and the added width of the back strap i take for granted. But, when moving to the narrow grip and back strap of the single stack pistol, all that recoil energy is pressing on a smaller amount of skin which i think increases felt recoil.

I find the M&P Shield pleasant to shoot. It doesn't bite at all and recoil is mild. I have the 9mm version.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with ProB, most small 9's kick pretty good. I have never owned a PF9, but have always wanted one. Read a lot of good things, as far as reliability.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a pf9, and it hurt my trigger finger.reliable, not really bad recoil. Trigger guard was the problem. A trigger show helped some. Replaced it with a DB9 that's even smaller, and like it.

Speedrat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have been thru a couple PF9s, run some +p thru one and it was not enjoyable. :screwy:

They conceal good just never could get used to that trigger. Sold it and moved on.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one on now. I don't shoot it much but it is great for carry around the house. I can throw it in a holster on my cotton shorts and forget its there. I've done some trigger work to make it lighter and better. Recoil ain't that bad. I had one and sold it and then missed it and bought another.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kicks like a beatch! Definitely not a range gun but a good self defense and light weight gun. Buy one and shoot it 200 rounds to make sure it's broke in and then carry the he!! Out of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom