Your support needed to get Open Carry signed by the Governor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Folks,

We have an opportunity to restore some of our lost freedoms if we can convince the Governor to sign the Open Carry bill. I posted a copy of my finalized letter in the 2A & political category, feel free to copy/paste/edit and send to the Governor. The governor needs to hear from his constituents so he knows what to do.

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88300

Please contact your legislators, especially the Governor to help get this bill signed into law, instead of vetoed.

Thanks! Dirty Dawg

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently met Michael Phillips and Kristiana Cupp with the NRA-ILA (institute for legislative affairs). They were working the booth at the entrance to the Wanemacher Gun Show a few weeks ago asking folks to join the NRA. My conversation began with "I did not renew my membership with the NRA because of they compromise & fail to get involved with 2nd Amendment issues". Overall, we had a very good conversation but I refused to join the NRA because I cannot support an organization that campaigns on being an advocate for 2nd amendment rights, but fails or compromises my rights away.

Well...with HB3354 sitting on the governor's desk and no endorsement to my knowledge by the NRA, I called my Michael & Kristiana to find out why the NRA has not rallied their members for support.

Knowing some history on the NRA, I shouldn't have been surprised, but, I was shocked when I was told by the assistant to Ashley Garner (NRA-ILA rep assigned to Oklahoma) that "the NRA is taking a neutral stance on this legislation until Governor Henry announces his decision!!"

She went on to say that the NRA will not be contacting any of its members in Oklahoma until Governor Henry makes his decision. My response was "Why isn't the NRA rallying its members to contact their legislators & Governor Henry to sign this bill into law?" All she could say was "we are taking a neutral stance"

I'll let the NRA members decide their actions, but I can only hope that you call the NRA and ask for support to get this legislation signed into law.

Krisitiana Cupp (grassroots coordinator) can be contacted at 703-267-1194 or [email protected]

If we citizens don't participate in this experiment of self-governance, it will surely fail and fall into a dictatorship.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interestingly, I just got a financial solicitation from NRA-ILA today. When I e-mailed Ms Cupp, I made a point of mentioning that I was taking a "neutral stance" re: my decision to contribute.

And, I e-mailed the Gov, as well.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Email sent to the guv---and I too will think long and hard before I decide whether or not to renew my NRA membership. It's shameful that they've refused to get involved

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mailed my check for the next three years just today and then I hear this crap. I just sent the lady a message saying step up or mail my check back. I hope lots of other folks do the same thing. I have never been very trustful of Wayne baby, and have told him so in person.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mailed my check for the next three years just today and then I hear this crap. I just sent the lady a message saying step up or mail my check back. I hope lots of other folks do the same thing. I have never been very trustful of Wayne baby, and have told him so in person.

Put a stop payment on the check and when they call give them an earful

Latest posts

Top Bottom