Youth rifle --anyone taking a youth hunting ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it just me or is there an incredible population of yotes this year.

Your absolutly correct. I went to the honey hole last night after work, and heard three different packs within a half hour.
I met with the neighbor that was up taking his kids hunting, and he commented on the same.

Going to have to take the electronic call to the stand I guess. :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a button buck we thought it was a doe but it was a really young buck, but counts as an anterless on his tags because they are less than 3 inches. Of course we not have harvested it if we would have know? We donated him to Sportsmen against hunger so some family is not going hungry this week. It was truly a blessed weekend And one I'll never forget!
Congrats on your sons deer! He looks like a happy camper. :D

Another congrats on the donation to the Charity. That is a very good organization. I know people that quit hunting as they didn't like the taste of venison, but have since got back into it, knowing they can contribute like your family did. Nice.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just getting this one bagged up in the freezer as we speak. Wish it had been symmetric - would have been an 8-point, but instead, he's only got two points on his right side - still, for my 10 year old's first its very nice (I don't have a buck that size under my belt yet).

He took it with a 65gr Winchester Ballistic Silvertip .223 out of his Spikes Build. He shot it in the butt the first time (broke its back left leg) and when it hopped away it stopped and he put one right in its neck (the only thing we could see above the grass). He made that first shot from a rest (and he knew it was a bad shot - he was upset), but he made the second shot free-standing from about 75yds (deer dropped like a sack of potatoes) - I was impressed.

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_DSCN7612.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom