Youth Rifle Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my two oldest boys (9,7) 9 yr old to hunt other as hunting buddy. We had a great trip in all we had 6 kids in our camp hunting we all saw deer had a couple missed opportunities in the group but the kids had a blast. I. All we took home two does and a pig. Both deer were shot by my son (I think only due to our shot opportunities were closer) and the pig was killed by my niece. She shot it the first eve and after that the rest of the boys in camp really wanted to kill a pig almost more so than a deer.
View attachment 33180
View attachment 33181
View attachment 33182

They all were worn out, they all shot bows in the afternoon and evenings and I'm not sure how their arms didn't fall off they shot so much.

All that said it was a wonderful weekend. We shot squirrels armadillos and shot at lots of stuff. They are all hooked.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpgTook my girls out this weekend. My 9 year old got her first buck yesterday morning in the exact same spot that she took her first doe 2 years ago. 104 yd shot, through one lung and the heart.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats to all the youth that connected this weekend, and even to those that didn't! Time spent in the deer woods is time well spent, whether they get a deer or not. Thanks to all who took a youth hunter out this past weekend, they are the future of hunting, and we need to get more of these young people involved.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my 10 year old son on his first hunt. We went to 2 different locations on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Didn't see a single deer but he did very well and learned alot. Plus I got to hang out with him all weekend without mom and sisters interferance. We enjoyed it and can't wait til rifle season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom