Youth Rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ousoonerfan22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago I bought my son a Remington model seven .243 for his first rifle and when he out grew it bought him a Remington 30.06 that he still has. I messed up an sold the .243 to a friend for his kids and since his daughter loves that rifle he won't sell it back to me. We have grandsons that will be hunting in a few years so I'm thinking about trying to find another model seven but this time in a 22-250. Are there other youth rifles you guys prefer over the model seven? What about choosing the 22-250 over the .243?

ousoonerfan22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read that thread I'm not worried about the 22-250 but I read another thread about guys sending Remington rifles in with a trigger problem? I'm not sure if Remington still makes the model seven so will probably find a used one. Didn't Remington have a short barreled rifle "CDL" a few years ago?

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am less than thrilled with the current quality from Remington these days. I am not satisfied with their poor finish quality and have had multiple retailers tell me about the higher than average failure rates. Personally I am looking more at Ruger, Savage and Mossberg these days.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe their "compact" version could pass as a youth rifle. According to their website it is a 12.5" Length of pull and 18" barrel. And they do offer it in 22-250 Rem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom