Youth Rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ousoonerfan22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking I will like this rifle!
I know you like No.1's.... are you surprised Ruger has an adjustable trigger now? After dealing with the heavy trigger pull on the early model 77's and No.1's.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You could adjust the original M77 and No. 1 and No. 3 triggers, the 3 screw versions somewhat, you could take out all of the creep. Then the later M77's and No. 1's only had two, and not much could be done screw wise. Not really a fan of the newer triggers on the Hawkeyes, and know very little about the new ones............test it out for us! :)

I tried a couple of the Moyers No. 1 trigger replacements, wasn't that impressed.

ousoonerfan22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I bought my No.1 in the late 80's anyway had Wayne in Chouteau adjust the trigger it's ok but has a little creep in it. I bought a 77 in the late 70's and never touched the trigger but it was frustrating shooting paper even with handloads. Wayne can adjust the triggers on the older Remingtons and in my opinion they're perfect! I think around 2.5lbs

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cringe at even the .243 for deer. My daughter shot a buck last year with her 243. Shot wasn't perfect....a bit forward in the shoulder but not a horrible shot. We never found the deer. A larger caliber would have done the deer in. I dont know a lot about the 22-250 but I wouldnt go with less than the 243.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can make you a lights out deal on a Weatherby Vanguard .243 with some nice add ons or however you want it. We are very close to each other. We should connect so you can see this rifle. It is the carbine length too. Pm me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom