Youth Semi Auto Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My boy is nuts about all types of shooting and for the most part I have just enough knowledge for us to try out most of them, but...... We went to Thunderbird Range and meet up with Rvan and they had mentioned a youth steel shoot and my son went into full gear. It has been non stop questions which is cool but I do not have any experience with competition/sport shooting really which leads me to the point.

Nine year old boy, fairly big/athletic for his age, has had a good deal of trigger time for his age and has shot a large variety of firearms. Which rimfire semiauto pistol is going to be most likely to fit him, be reliable if he decides to stick with some form sport shooting, basic in function and be accurate.

Thanks!

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My recently sold Buckmark was a UDX, which is different than URX, and I liked it, but my wife and people with smaller hands really liked it. However, my wife seemed to think it had more recoil (what little it did have) than the Ruger MKIII (that I also just sold).

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son is 24 and still has the Ruger 45/22 he got when he was about 13 or 14. It is really accurate and reliable - I used it to shoot at the concealed carry class last year.

Cedar Creek

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My son, 10 years old, is just getting into shooting. I put the CZ youth 22lr in his hands and he did alright with it. Then he wanted to shoot my Walther P22. He liked it alot more than the rifle. I have not put the Buckmark in his hands yet, but the P22 seemed to fit him well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom