Youth Turkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my 10 year old son turkey hunting this weekend, and he go the bird of a life time. First of all this was the hardest hunt I have ever been on. Got stuck twice in the truck hand to get pulled out by a tractor. We got there friday night and started scouting saw no less that 6 toms all over the place (thought oh this will be a great hunt)

We set up the first morn and nothing cause of all the fog, that afternoon we started heing some gobbles but we could not call anything in so we started moving around following the gobbles trying to stalk the out. we walked ourselves stupid and could never get these birds to come in.

This morn we got up and more of the same thing we could not get anything to call. So we drove around trying to scout some more with no luck. we went back to pull the decoys and go to church. and there is was we here a gobble about 100 yards off. so he we go again chasing another bird all ove the lease he would stop answer my call then run off. So we decided to quit and goto church. As we are going through the last gate about to leave we see the tom go running by. My son grabs his gun and I grab a box call and we go chasing. I called twice and he gobbled back so we know the area he went to. We head in the woods and he gobbles one more time and my son sees him.

He shot him with his grandmothers LT 20 guage Rem 1100 for 25 yards. The bird dropped right there. Took him the get checked in 21 lb 9.5 inch beard and 1.25 inch spurs.

Not to back for his first Turkey, next week is my turn!

i603.photobucket.com_albums_tt116_Batchman911_DSC_0172.jpg

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for all the kind words he is turning into quite and accomplished hunter. That was the hardest and most rewarding hunt I've been on (until it's my turn this weekend) Good luck and God Bless

Latest posts

Top Bottom