Youth Turkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No turkeys for us today, we had an awesome day though. The birds were tight lipped and I don't have any roosted. We hung out with a nesting pair of Bald Eagles for a couple hours and really had some once and a life time moments.
i237.photobucket.com_albums_ff116_meekslab_Mobile_20Uploads_2034c49fa606f9d2210bde9aa1e178837c.png

i237.photobucket.com_albums_ff116_meekslab_Mobile_20Uploads_2015_04_20150404_185752_zpsh4scloao.jpg

If anyone is a bird nut and wants coordinates to the nest send me a PM. Public ground.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I darn near texted you some pictures today, Dennis. That first pic was about 25 yards away, after my kids taught me about video and screen capture.:comfort: Great time in the woods.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Should have. I have an eagle nest about 1/2 mile from the house. We live on a ridge above the river, and never see them. They pretty much stay on the river to feed.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are about a mile from our house. The male seems to be the hunter (assuming the females are smaller). The smaller bird stayed around for a long time. Both got together on the nest at dusk. Really cool to watch.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't worry guys, I will send in 1 of my drones and make a sweep of the farm and clear them. Don't forget Spring squirrel season starts soon so there are more opportunities. I figure Meatgrinder will be lurking in there somewhere close to opening day in May. He ought to be good for at least a $1,000.00. Roosta - I have the gps coordinates of your new home and have put my own adv on Craigslist to see how many I can pinch.:laugh6:

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't worry guys, I will send in 1 of my drones and make a sweep of the farm and clear them. Don't forget Spring squirrel season starts soon so there are more opportunities. I figure Meatgrinder will be lurking in there somewhere close to opening day in May. He ought to be good for at least a $1,000.00. Roosta - I have the gps coordinates of your new home and have put my own adv on Craigslist to see how many I can pinch.:laugh6:

$1,000 for a squirrel lease? Can I pay that out in hot dog buns and snack cakes?:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom