Youtube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I go to youtube a lot especially for gun related stuff. Not so much for the review but look for features and options I can't see on pictures and some tutorials..... But Dear lord its 2015 does EVERY gun video have to start with these 4 things:

1. Cheesy intro song
2. Clip of someone shooting random gun / shooting sound effects.
3. Jr high level "clip-art" logo.
4. "Hello Youtube..."

End Rant.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know my youtube isnt that great, but Im not trying to be the next FPS Russia or anything like that. I would be doing all this stuff either way, so for me its just a little more fun to have it on video. Also, Ive found that Hunting alone and trying to record everything myself is a pretty hard task, but I enjoy the extra challenge of it.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know my youtube isnt that great, but Im not trying to be the next FPS Russia or anything like that. I would be doing all this stuff either way, so for me its just a little more fun to have it on video. Also, Ive found that Hunting alone and trying to record everything myself is a pretty hard task, but I enjoy the extra challenge of it.

I really enjoy watching your vids. Your Christmas decor one was great.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks man! My first time building one. I just made a very crude sketch one day at work and figured up how much wood and how many lag bots I would need and went at it. Im really happy with the way it turned out. Its very solid.

My daughter and her husband just bought a home from us and it has a 30x40 shop already on it and he has been looking around for good stout work benches and has came up dry, looks like he is going to have to build some like you did. Cannot beat hand built ones and you know they are stout.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go to youtube a lot especially for gun related stuff. Not so much for the review but look for features and options I can't see on pictures and some tutorials..... But Dear lord its 2015 does EVERY gun video have to start with these 4 things:

1. Cheesy intro song
2. Clip of someone shooting random gun / shooting sound effects.
3. Jr high level "clip-art" logo.
4. "Hello Youtube..."

End Rant.

Agreed. I used to work in television (in a previous life) and I am constantly amused and disgusted with the low production values of most YT videos. One refreshing exception to your rant is Hickock45's videos. He starts all his videos with a wide shot as he says, "Hickock45 here," then he pulls out his gun of the day and starts shooting up his private range. His channel is one of the few firearms-related YT channels to which I've subscribed.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. I used to work in television (in a previous life) and I am constantly amused and disgusted with the low production values of most YT videos. One refreshing exception to your rant is Hickock45's videos. He starts all his videos with a wide shot as he says, "Hickock45 here," then he pulls out his gun of the day and starts shooting up his private range. His channel is one of the few firearms-related YT channels to which I've subscribed.

But, but, but he Hickock is a Glock guy! LOL! I like his videos and have for years. I like the way he does not tell everyone to only use Glocks, he gives a fair and honest opinion on different genre's. Straight shooting guy on his opinions and in his shooting too! Dang fine shooter he is!

Latest posts

Top Bottom