You've been lied to about food

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nina Teicholz is a investigative science journalist who has been studying dietary science for over a decade.
Just another way money and politics control a huge part of our lives.

Something to consider anyway.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe it. This is anecdotal of course but I burn fat faster and easier on a ketogenic/carnivore diet than any other way. Keto (for me anyway) is difficult to stick to long term.
She’s not really pushing keto, just a higher fat/protein lower carb approach and after screwing around with some different methods I think she’s dead on.
Sometimes I’ll do a “reset” and go to keto for a month or two just to get leveled out again. I think simple carbs are addictive. They don’t call them “comfort food” for nothing! Kind of need to do that now actually.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Getting folks off processed sugars is key. You'll feel better, have more energy and be a healthier person period. Took me a while to convince myself but what a difference. Notice I didn't say carbs, but just processed sugars, and I'm Type 1.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe it. This is anecdotal of course but I burn fat faster and easier on a ketogenic/carnivore diet than any other way. Keto (for me anyway) is difficult to stick to long term.
She’s not really pushing keto, just a higher fat/protein lower carb approach and after screwing around with some different methods I think she’s dead on.
Sometimes I’ll do a “reset” and go to keto for a month or two just to get leveled out again. I think simple carbs are addictive. They don’t call them “comfort food” for nothing! Kind of need to do that now actually.

That's about the same as my experience. I went hard core keto a year or so ago and lost 30lbs; you're right that it's hard to stick to long term.
I fell of the wagon during the holidays, now I do a low-ish carb diet that varies from week to week.

Carbs are just like a drug for me, when I'm eating a lot of carbs my behavior is just like an addict.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best weight loss program I've been on was of my own design, and it's stupid simple.

1500 calories, with 100 grams protein. Mix/match stuff however ya want, but try to eat healthy vegetables, dairy, lean meat, and go easy on the carbs. Obviously a cake/cookie main theme won't work as well.

It can be really satisfying, and I was doing great on it until Sweetie got Alzheimer's. Most everything has kinda went down the tubes since then. :/

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best weight loss program I've been on was of my own design, and it's stupid simple.

1500 calories, with 100 grams protein. Mix/match stuff however ya want, but try to eat healthy vegetables, dairy, lean meat, and go easy on the carbs. Obviously a cake/cookie main theme won't work as well.

It can be really satisfying, and I was doing great on it until Sweetie got Alzheimer's. Most everything has kinda went down the tubes since then. :/
I really believe that’s the big reason high fat/protein works..600-700 calories of steak and eggs is a meal, 600-700 calories of fast food is kind of just getting started. Much more satisfying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom