Zero Tolerance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone own a ZT0301 Tiger Stripe? I've read nothing but good about them. I have a few folders but only two small Buck folders (a Rush and an Impulse) that are designed for tough use. My other folders are either collector type knives or just not multitaskers like my Cold Steel Ti-Lite knives so I want a good tough folder that will be a multitasker. I saw the ZT 0301 and it really appealed to me for some reason so I'm curious if anyone has personal experience with it specifically and/or any Zero Tolerance knife?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a ZT0350 Tiger Stripe. Great knife but I'm not overly thrilled with the edge that it came with from the factory. Getting ready to order a Spyderco Sharpmaker anyways.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a ZT300 and I really like it. The thing is very robust and built as solid as a tank. But I don't normally carry it as my EDC knife because it is so heavily built. I usually carry my ZT561 daily and reserve the ZT300 for days in the field. But frankly, I love the knife and would never part with it.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! So sounds like they are pretty good tough knives. I wouldn't be carrying it so weight isn't a huge issue, I just want something tough enough to survive hard core use.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ZT300 series of knives are as close to fixed blade strength as you can get in a folder. I have total confidence that my ZT knives can perform all reasonable, and most unreasonable, tasks that I might ask of them (especially the ZT300). I like the knife well enough I plan on buying another one just to put in the safe for a backup - just in case. I don't know how I could give a better recommendation than all that.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a ZT0350 Tiger Stripe. Great knife but I'm not overly thrilled with the edge that it came with from the factory. Getting ready to order a Spyderco Sharpmaker anyways.

^^ This, ZT 0350 tiger stripe. Factory edge isn't great. It's been abused a bit and hasn't had any problems. Can't decide if i want the sharpmaker or the wicked edge.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO the 030X series is a tank of a folder (possibly one of the strongest production frame-locks ever made), but it's not 1.) a multi-tasker and it's not 2.) a fixed-blade.

It is a great folder and a marvel to hold, but it has a very obtuse tip, a re-curve blade (that I find hard to sharpen), and it's another of ZT's thicker "sharpened prybar" blades that isn't great at slicing or intricate work.

I wouldn't personally use a frame lock or liner lock as a chopper as they're not designed for shock-work (though many have tested the 030X series and it takes a lot of over-strikes, bataning, and spine-whacks and I've not seen one fail yet). Still, I'd much rather have even a cheap Becker Tweener series over a 0301 in any serious field use.

It is a seriously cool knife and the design behind it (Mick Strider, Ken Onion, Rick Hinderer, etc.) is pretty amazing along with what ZT did to improve on those things. ZT heat treats their S30V pretty hard, so it actually holds an edge better than some of the Benchmades in S30V.

It is a biiiiig beefy flipper too, so it flips out slowly but with an authoritative THWAK! which is pretty awesome.

I sold my 0301, but I completely understand the need to own one.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want a large, heavy duty folder it is hard to go wrong with the 0300 series from ZT. I have a couple and I can't see ever tearing one up. My favorite of the ZTs is the 0560, I carry one daily.

Latest posts

Top Bottom