Zimmerman incident has changed my behavior...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Just remember, guns don't kill people. Hoodies kill people.

Was the baseball bat wielding assailant wearing a hoodie?

Hoodie AND Skittles. Don't forget the Skittles!

This is probably in really bad taste... but I find it hilarious.

Pre-shoot checklist:

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Forums_133831991185880.gif

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is some middle ground here...

If someone is actually being attacked and their life threatened then I'm a big supporter of helping that person as long as I can reasonably ascertain what is going on.

If someone says they were just attacked and is safe now, then the right move is to call the police and let them get involved. I'll be damned if I'm going to run around looking for the guy who might have attacked someone that I don't know and that person may or may not even be telling the truth. (btw, was she trying to park for free in the paid area?)

Good to practice these scenarios in your head though... you will act how you think and it should be part of your training to ensure you use your brain ahead of time to sort out and train your thought process. If you're carrying a weapon, it is CRUCIAL that you don't let yourself be driven by emotions that could put you into a scenario.

I'm sure as hell not going hunting some guy after some other woman relays a story to me that may or may not even be true.

If I witnessed the attack it might be a different story, but otherwise..."here you can use my phone to call the police if you'd like".

None of that has anything to do with Zimmerman....it just feels like common sense to me.

I'm with you guys.

I'm not a trained law enforcement officer and I don't intend to try and act the part.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If someone is actually being attacked and their life threatened then I'm a big supporter of helping that person as long as I can reasonably ascertain what is going on.

If someone says they were just attacked and is safe now, then the right move is to call the police and let them get involved. I'll be damned if I'm going to run around looking for the guy who might have attacked someone that I don't know and that person may or may not even be telling the truth. (btw, was she trying to park for free in the paid area?)

Good to practice these scenarios in your head though... you will act how you think and it should be part of your training to ensure you use your brain ahead of time to sort out and train your thought process. If you're carrying a weapon, it is CRUCIAL that you don't let yourself be driven by emotions that could put you into a scenario.

This is an excellent post.

There is absolutely the middle ground that you speak of and that is where good judgement lies.

Michael Brown

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

. . . I'll be damned if I'm going to run around looking for the guy who might have attacked someone that I don't know and that person may or may not even be telling the truth. . . .

Good thoughts here.

Chasing after some individual who might be involved with a crime is a job for the police. The imminent danger is past; no need to go off into the grey mist looking for goblins,which may or may not be real.

Once upon a time, a neighbor of mine showed up frantic on my doorstep, claimed she was being burgled. She'd taken her baby into a back bedroom, put him down and then dashed out of the house upon discovering a burglary. She'd left the kid in the house. Yes, I did immediately and very carefully clear the house and bring out the snoozing baby. Fact was she'd fallen into drug dependency and was simply setting up a scenario in which to attempt to defraud the home insurance company. Later she played games with the auto insurance company, due to the same drug problem. Things are not always what they seem.

Last edited:

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the situation doesn't affect me or my loved ones, I'm not going to get involved. Period. I'll call 911 for them, but you never know who is actually the GG or BG in these situations. You may THINK you know, but you don't.

You're driving alone on an isolated dirt road. You come up on a car that has stopped on the side of the road. The trunk is open. But, next to the car, there's a man beating a woman with a baseball bat. Most would assume the man was the BG in this situation. Turns out the guy was changing his tire when the drug-crazed woman attacked him with a knife, repeatedly stabbing him. He was trying to stop the attack.

Don't assume you know what's going on and get yourself involved more than you need to. Call 911 and let the cops sort it out.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
This is an excellent post.

There is absolutely the middle ground that you speak of and that is where good judgement lies.

Michael Brown

Blasphemy!!!

Middle ground? Good judgement?!?!? What's next, Common Sense?!?!?!

What is OSA coming to?

For the sarcasm impaired, both of my comments in this thread are pure snarkiness, and purely intended for comic relief. I agree wholeheartedly with HMFIC and Michael Brown.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Remember in your training for your CWL where it states that if you go to the aid of a third party, that is not your parent, child, spouse,employer or employee, you step into the shoes of that person. If that person is in the wrong, then you are in the wrong also. If you don't know exactly what is happening from the start, I would suggest a 911 call. And if you think you know what is going on, you could be totally wrong.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely serious... The responsibility soley lies with you to protect yourself. none of my business.

I'm not going to let you troll me and respond with a post which explains why you're totally wrong. I'll just refer you to the posts by HMFIC, Michael Brown, etc. and hope you can figure it out yourself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom