Zombie Apocalypse Run and Shoot in Buckholts, TX Feb. 23, 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like someone on OSA would have some land they'd want to use for a one-day event like this....I've heard of "private" run n guns, maybe if ????

I'd be willing to help set it up.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They tweaked he rules just a little bit more and created 2 divisions... "Combat Ready" for the original high round count, and "Target" for the lower round count.

See you in Zombieland!

The King of the United States of America has stated he intends to implement new gun control measures upon the subjects of this great nation. This has led to an outrageous increase in ammunition prices.

We at Battle Road USA don't want people going through a large amount of their ammunition for this run. We will now have two divisions for the run. There will be a "Target Division" and a "Combat Ready Division".

The Target Division will have a low round count. The participant will only have to hit each target one time in order to move to the next target. This will keep the round count at no more than 30 rounds of Rifle ammunition and no more than 50 rounds of handgun ammunition . The distance of the course will remain approximately 3 miles long and the obstacles will stay the same.

For those who may have some extra ammo laying around and want a little more of the Bug Out experience, we have created the Combat Ready Division. This division will operate by the original course of fire and with the original high ammunition count .

Let's not allow the anti-gunners to keep us home and off the range, that's exactly what they want. Please help spread the word about the Zombie Run and together we can pack the house with good like minded people. This would be a great time to network, talk about guns, and discuss this King of ours.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
D'oh, I have to work a 24h shift on the 22nd. This looks to be the most interesting CoF I've ever read of. I wonder if anyone will hump a 7.62 rifle and 1911, or will most choose AR's and lightweight 9mm pistols.

Wait, it's Texas. Somebody's gonna run it with a .45-70 lever gun and SAA in 45LC. Why the hell not!

Looks fun!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I talked to a guy that's done this before. He said typically the men run .30 cal (AR-10, M1A, Garand) and the ladies carry AR-platform 223. I can't imagine anyone choosing a small-caliber pistol, when the market is full of .40s and .45s. I guess the "gangsta division" would be .380, 9mm.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny... I know a fella from the Tulsa area who does these run and gun things and likes to make provocative comments like that. I don't think you would get along with him though... from what I can tell he probably isn't a big fan of the dearly departed Ted Kennedy. ;)

I guess I am running "Ladies Division" this time, seeing how I just sold the M1A. It will be replaced with something similar, but probably not before the run.

The "gangsta division" gives me some ideas for an urban themed run and gun. No equipment over $300 in value allowed. Using the sights is not allowed. And you have to run the whole thing with your pants around your knees. :gun2: Perhaps we could approach Hi-point about a sponsorship.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I plan on being there, don't know what rifle I'll take, though. Is it OK to "lighten" the load by removing scope and just shooting irons?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, that would be unfair, because it would unduly embarrass all the ol' boys who can't hit anything even with optics... such as, for example, AR-toting yankees. Just a purely random example... not calling anyone out or anything. Also no chemical enhancers. That would include pumping yourself and/or other competitors with cheese.

Latest posts

Top Bottom