Zombie rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For penetrating skulls 22LR from a rifle is the first "logical" (and correct) choice. 22WMR and 223 are "better" at longer distances - but who cares what zombies are doing at 100yards+ ...
Everything else is just "look at me - I'm special and different"; or "I haven't shot 22LR at skulls, but it has to suck" - well it doesn't suck.

Carry on.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For penetrating skulls 22LR from a rifle is the first "logical" (and correct) choice. 22WMR and 223 are "better" at longer distances - but who cares what zombies are doing at 100yards+ ...
Everything else is just "look at me - I'm special and different"; or "I haven't shot 22LR at skulls, but it has to suck" - well it doesn't suck.

Carry on.

Agree 100%

No need to carry around heavier ammo. Also, A 22LR pistol will work just fine as well at closeer ranges. Many Hitmen would attest to 22LR penetrating a skull. I don't know why you would need to shoot a zombie at more than 100 yards.

I highly recommend 22LR for zombies and rage virus situations.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As most of the others said, 10/22 would be my pick. It's not like the zombies are going to be shooting at you and I'm not going to be hitting head shots at a distance without a scope. Of course if you're referring to a "zombie" situation where everyone is potentially a threat to you then I'd take my AR or AK, something threatening that people recognize.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i722.photobucket.com_albums_ww222_oneof79_IMG00273_zpsb39e042c.jpg

Here is my Zombie Rifle. Built on a Spikes Zombie Lower.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After writing about the 357s I noticed in another thread that Olympic make a 10mm upper for the AR's, that and a glock 20 sounds good too but 10mm isn't very plentyfull. I'm not sure that 100yards is the most you need to care about sooner or later you might need to clean a whole town up and a nice tower or high spot with a scope might be the way to go. I do think useing the same ammo in your rifle and pistol would be a major plus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom