Zoo + field trip= ????? Your thoughts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leemaxx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
My boy is having his class fieldtrip to the Tulsa zoo and I'm debating on carrying. I will not be at anytime be on school property. I'm just not sure what to do. What would you guys think? I'm leaning toward carrying but I don't know how comfortable I'll feel around other parents and teachers. I would appreciate any input.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are riding in a school owned vehicle, absolutely no.
If you are listed as an official adult chaperon, highly questionable, even if you are driving in your vehicle and not carrying anybody else's kids.

Leemaxx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be taking my own vehicle. I'm going manly to take pictures but my wife will have a group of kids. I found nothing in the SDA for this situation. I hate to but the ccw will probably say in the car.

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer, but if it was me and I was driving in my own vehicle I would carry, never know when you might need put a new hole in a bad guy, better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

If it was me, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happen that I could have prevented, but wasn't able to due to not have the tools necessary

threecharlie

Marksman
Reaction score
p/s and if the PTA hears about it you'll be the terrorist of the school or the barney fife. up to them! lol
ai841.photobucket.com_albums_zz332_bravo619_barney_fife_1.jpg

threecharlie

Marksman
Reaction score
don't take it the wrong way bcox, but really'' what are you going to do anyway break out your gun as 50 kids are spread out over the event? come on. what are you expecting to go on. loose flamingos or something. don't go if your that worried that you cant go on a school sponsered trip to the zoo! [Broken External Image]

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I know that I carry at times when my wife thinks I shouldnt. (Going to Walmart, out to supper, church ect.) I look at it this way, if I have it and dont need it no big deal. If I dont have it and need it, IT IS REALLY A BIG DEAL. Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom