Blue River trout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the water is warming up but how late is too late to venture down to the Blue River and try to catch some trout?

A colleague turned me on to this river last month and i have not been able to break free and get down there but can go this week, weather permitting

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed. I've been going regularly since I was a kid. They stop stocking trout in March, but there will still be plenty in there. My kids have even caught crappy and catfish down there. When it warms up, it tends to be less of a sportsman's place and draws a few more undesirables. Seems like the last couple times I went, there were more people from Texas there than from Oklahoma.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bummer -- really the only reason i wanted to go - i can stock up on bass and panfish at my farm pond - but smoked trout --- mmmmmm, delicious !

I miss that about living in northern Idaho...the availability of fresh trout and salmon. I had about 900' of creek that ran thru my property and dumped into the Clearwater River. I'd occasionally see a steelhead or two in there. Some of the creeks you could walk across without getting your feet wet there were so many fish.

I'm not a fisherman but I sure loved smoked salmon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom