Fried Egg Sandwich

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We raised chickens and we ate egg everything growing up- my mom would fry up an egg and put on 2 pieces of white bread for our lunch every day. I kind of got not liking them but I think its cause they were cold by lunch. I like em hot now days ok though. I remember one time she put a boiled egg in for lunch and I didn't eat it. Then I forgot my lunchbox and it was Friday. Come Monday that egg was smelling pretty rank in the back of the school room. Teacher was going around checking to see if one of us pooped their pants. It came to me that I had that egg in there so when recess came, I lagged behind and chucked it outside. Smell was gone and no one brought it up again.

We grew up on eggs everything too! 30 to 50 laying hens all the time and Cows Milk. Kids at school would trade for my Cows Milk instead the paper milk that the school fed.

Last edited:

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can’t tell you where to get one in your neck of the woods, but, yea they are AWESOME
IMG_2568.jpeg

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We grew up on eggs everything too! 30 to 50 laying hens all the time and Cows Milk. Kids at school would trade for my Cows Milk instead the paper milk that the school fed.
I traded my egg sandwich to buddy for his bologna sandwich one day- got home and told my dad I liked that bologna. Next time they went to the commissary he bought a about a 5-pound roll of that stuff. Then we had bologna everything till that was gone.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we had around 4 to 600 chickens but mom sold most of the eggs from the full size chickens and we ate alot of banty and guinea eggs but there were always some kind of egg on the table at every meal

capnkirk462

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After being a cook for 30+ years most food is not appetizing to me, just fuel for the machine. But fried egg sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, and anything involving buttermilk biscuits will get my attention. Sometimes simplicity is the best. Or maybe it is the country boy in me, who knows.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Runny yolk or solid? Wifey unit likes em runny (over easy) and I poke the yolk on mine where it's firm, but not solid. Also it's the only time I like a little mustard on my food.
Good luck in your quest and I'm sure the only place you'll find one is called *insert name here* Diner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom