Looks like tomorrow evening could get pretty exciting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
im stuck in Texas in the heart of the storms. My BMW lost the windshield, brake lights, mirrors and a severe beat down. Insurance is giving me the run around and days later I am still stuck on location. The want me to travel 85 miles to pickup a tiny rental. They told me to leave my TITLE, keys, and all paper work in my car and they will take it to safe storage and determine what its worth. I told them "Oh Hell No!" All I want is to get the windshied replaced so I can take it to a house my son owns 25 miles away. Insurance allowed that Safelite would not come to that area because it was too far!. After 3 days I went on line and scheduled it my self using my Sons address. Im so tire of insurance doing their best to take advantage of you!!! So now I wait for 10 days for the window and will have to back road it into Snyder Tx. I told them it runs fine! needs some new glass and I will worry about the hail dents when I get back home. They have insisted I allow the to total it and just leave me our here on the caprock someplace. Insurance has become the epitome of scum and scams
If the insurance as deemed it totaled, take the insurance money and buy it back for $100. After they replace the Glass. You much have FARMERS INSYRANCE.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So much destruction… Looked like a storm cellar, lower right of the screen, at 3:48.
I just watched the press conference with the mayor of Barnsdall and the OHP, and News6 was showing an inset of helicopter footage of the town. If they get out of this with just the one fatality, that will be a miracle in and of itself. That town is an unholy mess right now.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone still curious as to why their homeowner's insurance keeps going up?
State Farm Financial Results:

“While we improved overall auto lines profitability in 2023, our results remain below the level we expect and we’re taking a state-specific approach as we operate,” said Senior Vice President, Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer Mark Schwamberger. “Catastrophe losses were widespread in 2023, and our claims and operations team members, along with the State Farm independent contractor agents, responded throughout the year to help customers. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company remains financially strong, and it is that strength that allows us to handle uncertainty and serve more customers in more ways over the long term.”

I couldn't find the 2023 income statement; this is the latest found:

8.7B loss in 2022 and 722M loss in 2021.

1715096025906.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom