Smith and Wesson presentation box question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a very nice presentation box that my model 29–2 came in. However the blue felt material that should be on the inside of it has been removed. I would like to have that put back in. I know it has a name, but to save my life I cannot remember what it is. Is there anyone in Oklahoma City that could refurbish this presentation box? It is in great shape other than that blue felt material that should be on the inside of it. Thank you.
86790A2B-3663-4AE9-AE16-6938521C2739.jpeg

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Word of advice: Do not leave gun in box for extended time! I had 2 m57-1 nickel guns unfired in the boxes and moisture got to them on the FELT side and slightly bubbled the nickel.
Fortunately I don't keep my m29 in the wood box. It's blue and still as nice as when I bought it in 1976

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are some people that do it on the S&W forum. I heard of a lady around here that does it. Let me text a guy that told me about her. I’ll be back…
^^^^this. The guy was at the symposium in Tulsa last October and did one for a friend of mine. Stand by while I see if I can round up his info...

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Word of advice: Do not leave gun in box for extended time! I had 2 m57-1 nickel guns unfired in the boxes and moisture got to them on the FELT side and slightly bubbled the nickel.
Fortunately I don't keep my m29 in the wood box. It's blue and still as nice as when I bought it in 1976
The firearm lives in my safe. But I am intending to pass this on as an Heirloom to My daughter. Thank you for the advice. This Smith is minty fresh as well. I want to keep it nice for her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom