Turkey hunting 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looked out the window this morning and I had to observe these shenanigans going on. It was very difficult to watch. I didn’t know whether to grab the shotgun or close my eyes and give them some privacy. So I decided to get the camera
It’s my understanding that some of the older members on here have to live vicariously through others.🤣

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to meet up with this fella yesterday. It’s not as pretty of a victory pic as retrieverman, but he gave me the info on how to get there.

10 1/2” beard and 1” spurs.
IMG_6653.jpeg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was able to meet up with this fella yesterday. It’s not as pretty of a victory pic as retrieverman, but he gave me the info on how to get there.

10 1/2” beard and 1” spurs.
View attachment 477759
That’s a dang nice bird!!! Congrats my friend!!! :thumb:
Ok, I’ve already texted you a tutorial of upping your glamour shot game. Do I also need to coach you on giving details of your hunt too?!? To quote Joe Biden, come on man!🤣

What ammo, gun details, choke details, how far, what call, and any other details a novice turkey hunter like me might find useful. :anyone:

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
🤣Novice? You shot a super good bird on opening day!

I was using my old Winchester 1300 pump 12 gauge with Winchester Long Beard XR #4’s, it’s got a MADD (Drury Bro.s) choke in it probably .650 or .625, somewhere in that range, I let out 2 soft yelps with a Will Primos WP1 mouth call then he came strutting up and over a terrace at 35 yards.

I had on my Rocky snake boots, old DuxBack camo, sprayed down with Permethrin tick spray, Hanes T-Shirt along with Hanes underwear, and Converse calf high socks.

So if anyone’s connected with these companies I’m available to advertise for ya’ll, we can discuss compensation and perks.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great bird @hunter966! I like that shotgun too.
Thank you, that shot gun is my favorite. Way back, many years ago, Winchester did a run of engraved NWTF guns but I missed out on them. This is the same gun minus the engraving, I can’t tell you how many turkeys its accounted for.

When I got it I spent an insane amount of money on chokes and loads to “build a better mouse trap” out of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom