Well? Anyone get bad damage last night?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was over Del City High School before the sirens went off. It moved fast. There was some damage at SE 15th and Vickie, power lines I think.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yup...saw the 12" tall sweet corn was blown over......will have to stand it up. This happens most every year but doesn't seem to hurt the harvest.
Looks like I won't be getting much okra this summer. I only have 1 row at 8' and about half of the ones up are now broken off. I may try reseeding but won't hold my breath.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cue the "We shall rebuild ! " comments

9RiimQb.jpeg

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like I won't be getting much okra this summer. I only have 1 row at 8' and about half of the ones up are now broken off. I may try reseeding but won't hold my breath.
Don't worry much about the okra. Just cut it off at the breaks. Okra is a tough plant, and hard to kill.

The best stand of okra we had when I was a kid was when the cows got into the garden and at the plants to the ground. It grew back twice as tall and loaded to the gills!

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not even rain in Warr Acres, just me the crazy dad, that wouldn't let the kids take their shoes off last night. One of the things learned in the Joplin tornado a few years back (hit a hospital) is that patients rarely have shoes in the hospital and the debris will cut up their feet. Translate that to a household that normally doesn't wear shoes at home and you get why I worried. Kids will drag their feet about putting them on, in an emergency, even teenagers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom