What do you guys and gals keep in your safe room/ fraidy hole?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a quality high lift jack and the get a piece of heavy wall rectangular tubing that will fit over the beam of the jack and rest on the top of the jacking piece. Weld a piece of heavy angle iron to one end. Make the tube long enough that when it is slipped over the jack and the jack is placed against the floor or opposing wall that it has about 8 inches of clearance. If you are trapped this will allow you to jack the door open and you can escape.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sold my house and moved into an apartment, which I loved. No more mowing the lawn in 100 degree weather. Only problem, no shelter and I live in South Norman. I wonder if the apartment manager will let me put an above ground (small) shelter in one of the bedrooms?

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. Supposedly EF5+ Rated. Weighs 17 tons as I recently found out, because I am going to move it to a different spot. This place we recently bought has two homes on it and it is located in a spot that doesn’t work well with our plans.
I have seen a guy on Facebook advertise building these, i can probably locate his number if you want it. He does a single pour

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good idea on the jack and prying equipment--

Last night after i signed off -- i didnt realize there was a round 2 (or 3 or 4) at a bit past midnight when we got slammed with supposedly 100 mph winds --- im a skeptical guy by nature but it sounded horrendous and re-arranged all the back patio furniture

Latest posts

Top Bottom