Where can I find 410 ammo???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Academy sports in Owasso gots 410!!
IMG_1801.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't realize .410 was in such short supply. Probably killed more dove and rabbit with the H&R Topper that was my first gun than any since. Heck, it was the only gun I owned until my 30's.
Got up into my parent's attic one time to do some electrical work for them and found a full box of 3" .410 paper hulled shells. It's still sitting in the ammo cabinet.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't realize .410 was in such short supply. Probably killed more dove and rabbit with the H&R Topper that was my first gun than any since. Heck, it was the only gun I owned until my 30's.
Got up into my parent's attic one time to do some electrical work for them and found a full box of 3" .410 paper hulled shells. It's still sitting in the ammo cabinet.
I shot a bunch of purple paper hull shells growing up.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again most of the pics posted are #9 and #8 shot… really only good for busting clays (even then .410 sucks at clays, that’s why it’s an “expert gun” lol). I strongly prefer #6 or #5 shot in .410… which has been extra scarce

I love .410 and own several guns chambered for it, but I’ll be the first to admit they’re dam near worthless… best 2 uses I have found are 1: getting kids into shooting shotguns and 2: close range varmint medicine around the rural property.. (snakes are a reason but fall under “varmint medicine” #2)

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again most of the pics posted are #9 and #8 shot… really only good for busting clays (even then .410 sucks at clays, that’s why it’s an “expert gun” lol). I strongly prefer #6 or #5 shot in .410… which has been extra scarce

I love .410 and own several guns chambered for it, but I’ll be the first to admit they’re dam near worthless… best 2 uses I have found are 1: getting kids into shooting shotguns and 2: close range varmint medicine around the rural property.. (snakes are a reason but fall under “varmint medicine” #2)
I don’t necessarily recommend anyone getting into shotgun reloading anymore, because most people don’t shoot enough to ever recover their initial investment. However, if you’re that deep off into 410 and especially since you’re wanting specialty ammo, a MEC 600 might be a good idea, but I can tell you that 410 loading isn’t near as easy as 12 or 20.

Latest posts

Top Bottom