Anti-Barking "Birdhouse" ... 🤔

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, "aNUTHER" neighbors dog won't stop barking thread ... 🥴

So yep. Little MissYappy piece of ****'s playground is right outside our bedroom window. Big, honking GSD to the north that stays chained up to a big ass, old growth maple tree, in a big backyard. 🤬🤬🤬 But he is at least on the other side of the yard from my bedroom.

First off, let me start by saying I do NOT blame these dogs for the situation we all find ourselves in. On the contrary -- the blame goes SQUARELY on the idiot owners who see their dogs as 1. their "baby". You know -- "pet parents." The people who not only don't understand dog behavior and how to work with their pets to produce happy, well-adjusted, POLITE animal companions, but also DO NOT WANT to understand because ... It's their "BABY" ... 🙄🙄🙄 and 2. the exact opposite. Their pet is simply a possession to show off when they want and then slap back on a chain and toss it back into the yard when they are done, leaving the poor animal insanely frustrated.

However, NONE of any of this changes the fact that I have almost constant barking going on on both sides of my property anywhere from 5 to 6 in the morning to 11 to midnight, and occasionally even later into the early morning hours EVERY DAMNED DAY. All this has just been made worse by the fact that my windows are open because of all the construction going on in the house. (We are almost done! Thank you!! I can hardly wait ...) Anyway, it is like that little yappy thing is in my bedroom with me -- because ... Well ... SHE IS! 🤬🤬🤬

OK ... I've had all I can stand -- both figuratively and literally so off I go to Amazon. Last time I looked into these little ultrasonic things they were $100 each (granted that was a LONG time ago). I got 2 of them for $40. Thank you Amazon.

It took little Miss Yappy 2 barks ... A set of 2 right after I set up the birdhouse, and then another set of 2 little yaps a minute or two later, and she was done! 👀👀👀 OMG! 😱 I never in a hundred years thought I would get what can only be described as instantaneous results! Funniest thing about THAT whole deal?? Yeah, Mr. I Own Little MissYappy came outside to check on his damned dog BECAUSE SHE STOPPED BARKING!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬 And when he couldn't figure it out he took her back inside with him..🤨 So ... All these years he let his little old lady yappy dogs carry on HE COULD HEAR THE LITTLE SHITS! 🤬🤬🤬 (He said they couldn't hear their dogs barking because the AC -- or the heater -- was running.🙄🙄)

The GSD is quite a bit smarter than MissYappy. He has tried barking in several different pitches. He's also tried growling in several different pitches too! 🤣🤣🤣 And he is sitting under his tree looking over here, trying to figure out just what it is that is making that crazy ass sound! 🤣🤣

I'm not lifting a finger today. I'm gonna sit in my backyard with a beer and MY dogs and enjoy the peace and quiet ... 🤭🤭🤭

Whoa! That is cool! I have no dogs around us at all. BUT this will be an addition to our RV when we are blessed to have a barker in the campground around us!

Please hook me up on the info! I see the links above! I will own a couple of them!

@THAT Gurl so you bought one of each?

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whoa! That is cool! I have no dogs around us at all. BUT this will be an addition to our RV when we are blessed to have a barker in the campground around us!

Please hook me up on the info! I see the links above! I will own a couple of them!

@THAT Gurl so you bought one of each?
I did. I knew I was gonna need at least 2 and I liked the Addams Family one but the other one was littler and fits on top of a post in my yard, just on this side of the fence where it can't be seen, but is still effective. 😇

I might need one more -- the yappy dogs are out of range when they are in the backyard. (Can't go around corners.) I'm going to set this one I have in the eve of the shed and see if it will reach all the way up the side yard. If not I'll just spring for another. This has been money VERY well spent.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, Round 2. I've heard MissYappy in the house a few times today (I've been cleaning up that side of the backyard. They put her out a few minutes ago and while she is barking here and there, the duration of her barking fits are MUCH shorter and the periods of quiet time between those fits is much longer. I feel like she is testing the water -- you know, to see if whatever evil creature it was barking back at her was gone now. Oh! Nope. Sorry little girl. In fact, that evil friend has another evil friend on its was to join the party. 😁

Right now, I am sitting over here in peace and quiet while MissYappy walks quietly back and forth in the sideyard. 🤣🤣THAT would NEVER even been thought possible before the birdhouses came along. 🤣🤣🤣

Another weird thing ... Her owners are not leaving her out here near as long now that she is not barking constantly. That is just downright bizarre. 🤔🤔🤷

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
F those kind of neighbors.
I would first toss lots of peanut butter sandwiches over the fence.
Dogs love those.I start with 1 then keep feeding if they keep eating them.

Nighty night fat belly doggy.

If this barking went on for many different days and the owners were home I would knock on the door and explain what needs to stop.

No results with that then maybe a pole cat needs trapped and tossed over the fence.

Many years of it.. NOPE I am not that nice.
If you are disrespectful we will have problems.

I am really good at solving problems.

Glad you have some things bringing you peace. Hope they keep working.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rotflmao! MissYappy is back outside again. 🤨🤨 Methinks MissYappy's mom can't figure out why her baby isn't making noise like a furious Mother-in-Law. 🤣🤣🤣 Which would be normal. What is NOT normal is her dog barking 2 or 3 times and then shutting the **** up! 🤣🤣🤣 This is GLORIOUS! 🤣🤣

Do you turn in on and off? Does it come on automatically? Details ma’am! Love knowing it works as I thought those type of thing were bull ****!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you turn in on and off? Does it come on automatically? Details ma’am! Love knowing it works as I thought those type of thing were bull ****!
It apparently emits a sound when the dog barks that dogs find "bothersome". Funny, it doesn't seem to bother my dogs when THEY bark. I had to tell Dawg to knock it off this afternoon when MissYappy's mom was outside. He doesn't usually bark more than once or twice because he KNOWS that's bad manners. 🤷🤷 But it was a good test, I guess because I did wonder if it would bother him and/or Snoop if the neighbors' dogs just kept on.

The instructions say that the dog will eventually learn that barking "causes" the sound he/she doesn't like and will learn not to bark. 🤷🤷 So far, so good. A bark here and there, but none of the sustained, hours long ******** I've been putting up with.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
F those kind of neighbors.
I would first toss lots of peanut butter sandwiches over the fence.
Dogs love those.I start with 1 then keep feeding if they keep eating them.

Nighty night fat belly doggy.

If this barking went on for many different days and the owners were home I would knock on the door and explain what needs to stop.

No results with that then maybe a pole cat needs trapped and tossed over the fence.

Many years of it.. NOPE I am not that nice.
If you are disrespectful we will have problems.

I am really good at solving problems.

Glad you have some things bringing you peace. Hope they keep working.
This is why it amuses me when people talk about what a ***** I am. I'm not a *****. What you are is a grade A ******* for causing me to BECOME a ***** to you. 🤷

Latest posts

Top Bottom