Counties in Oklahoma with no building permits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Pop built a cabin in Creek County,,,
He sad he didn't need any building permits,,,
But there was some kind of inspection of his septic system.

I don't know any more details,,,
Except that's why he bought property in Creek county.

Aarond

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always though Permits were a city or township issue only. If you outside any city limits, build whatever you want.
Is that not the case?
If your living on the Osage reservation like we do, commercial building has to be approved by the tribe. Home building does not require a permit. Any septic tank installed has to be approved by the DEQ.
If any pipeline or well leaks, the federal government washes their hands of it because it's on tribal land.
It's totally up to the tribe and the owners of the well/pipeline to fix and reclaim any spilled product if they want to. If not, it will lay on the land for years.
I posted a huge thread about barrels of crude left on our property that never got cleaned up several years ago after a flood on the Arkansas river.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had no inspections on our house build completed last year. We are in Canadian County just outside Piedmont city limits.

Sadly, our builder leveraged that a bit and we are working through getting some stuff corrected on our own.
My house was built in 2007 here in Pottawatomie county. From what I know, there are no codes that have to be followed out here. Sadly, I know how you feel. Nothing horrible but definitely things that shouldn’t be done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom