Dan Boren Micro-Stamping Bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if this is a repost or not.....

I was unaware that Dan Boren authored a bill to do a feasibility study on Microstamping. It went to committee on July of this year.

H.R. 5667

Although this bill went to committee and hasn't come out yet,...I'm amazed that he did this. Any ideas...? I thought he was pro 2nd Amendment.

Eastern OK needs to dump this clown. Word needs to get out about this.!

I would think that getting on the wrong side of the 2nd Amendment would be sudden death,..especially in OK.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a Dan Boren fan, but perhaps his goal was to show how expensive and/or ineffective microstamping might be, so that there wouldn't be a reason for such legislation???

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a Dan Boren fan, but perhaps his goal was to show how expensive and/or ineffective microstamping might be, so that there wouldn't be a reason for such legislation???

From what I've read, this is correct. I believe the bill says that microstamping can't be put into law until it's proven to work and proven to be cost effective. From what I've read of his statements, he believes if his bill passes microstamping won't, because aside from the cost, he doesn't believe microstamping can work with any sort of consistency.

Gunner

New to the site!
Reaction score
Yeah….I saw this awhile back too….I thought it was a little odd, but I made some calls and it turns out this bill is actually pro-gun and endorsed by the NRA and the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF). I found a fact sheet on the NRA website and a blog post on the NSSF website that explains it.

NRA fact sheet:
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=268&issue=100

The NSSF blog post:
http://www.nssfblog.com/nssf-statement-on-firearms-microstamping-study/#disqus_thread

It seems like they are trying to show that microstamping technology is flawed and should not be used. I think law enforcement agencies have also been asking for the study so they can show that switching to this technology is gonna cost way way too much – especially since they are scrapin’ for every penny.

Atta boy, Boren! The more evidence that this idea is brainless the better!!!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yep...
That's the common wisdom and excuse for him.

Then again he is a Demonrat. And we all know how the party feels about guns. The fact that Boren chose to align himself with them is not a little telling.

Or being from eastern OK perhaps he's a DINO?

Nahhhhh...

Latest posts

Top Bottom