Feral hog poison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When we have a pig problem, farmers will be paying folks to shoot pigs. Today, folks pay to shoot pigs.
This is what I don't fully understand. I read from some folks that we're losing the battle and we can't keep up, damage etc. But then I see a lot of people looking for somewhere to pop pigs that apparently cant find a spot. Seems to not jive.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pigs Gone Wild?
NOT your worst enemy.
GOVERNMENT Gone Wild is FAR worse.
Far FAr FAR WORSE.
(Who d'ya think dreams up & perpetuates these Nightmares?

I'd like Fe(de)ral Hog Poison- (as in 'Bills'-payable by US-& chock full of 'Pork')
to END.

Who wants 'Free' poisoned meat running wild for the taking?
Or a toxic Gvmt., running wild, taking everything?

Yup. Whenever the Gvmt. creates a new problem, or allows a new one to get worse-
it only gets worse for the 'Governed'.
According to them, that'd be us.
But don't worry kids- THEY got a solution.
I had to read that about 3 times. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anybody is having a feral hog problem, me and a couple of the boys can pull up and start blasting. Just give us some ammo and go away 🤗

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aside from a poison of any flavor, we are not going to get a handle on the wild hogs. I’ve been in meetings where the “experts” say we need to reduce the herd and keep it at 70% to even get a handle on them. It ain’t happening!!

I work in ag and my office rents a really effective hog trap, between my last two customers we’re right at 100 head trapped and it is still a losing situation.

I own land and those suckers have torn my Bermuda grass up and it’s got a lot of wallows, so I would welcome a shot at some type of poison, cause lead poisoning isn’t helping.

I’ve read quite a bit about the Sodium Nitrite and it’s got great potential, will there be some non target animals that die? Quite possible, but to me, that’ll offset the damages hogs do to crops, pastures and range land. But like OkBassin said, it dissipates pretty quickly or what retrieverman said about the poison used around chicken farms, it’s out there but the big wigs won’t put it out there for us to try.
I think the opinions vary drastically between land owners that use their land to produce craps and such, vs those that just own land. I’ve seen the devestation first hand many time and I agree.

Many years ago there was a wild coyote problem in the area we lived in, killed tons of livestock. Farmers put out poison and it helped immensely. I am certain some stray dogs or dogs let run free might have been affected but they shouldn’t have been there anyway.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't have a pig problem.

When we have a pig problem, farmers will be paying folks to shoot pigs. Today, folks pay to shoot pigs.

Personally I don't farm, or raise cows. I keep feeders running to provide corn year round for the pigs when they decide to show up.

Neighbor down the creek traps them and hunts at night. It seems effective, as since he started doing this I see few pigs regularly. I like the dude, but I do hope some situation befalls him that keeps him from doing this so much.
I don’t think every person with pigs has a pig problem. But I do think some folks have a pig problem. I don’t like the idea of poison, spray & pray or tannerite- but pigs aren’t screwing with my livelihood. If they were, id likely become pretty ruthless and uncaring toward them.

I’d welcome a few hogs around my place though. 15 years of running cameras out there and have seen exactly 2 pigs for a total of 15 minutes. I’m glad I dont have the damage, but I could get behind the meat.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think every person with pigs has a pig problem. But I do think some folks have a pig problem. I don’t like the idea of poison, spray & pray or tannerite- but pigs aren’t screwing with my livelihood. If they were, id likely become pretty ruthless and uncaring toward them.

I’d welcome a few hogs around my place though. 15 years of running cameras out there and have seen exactly 2 pigs for a total of 15 minutes. I’m glad I dont have the damage, but I could get behind the meat.
Same. Neighbor that traps and night hunts gets tired of giant holes in his hay meadow. I don't blame him.

Can't get behind poisoning wildlife though. Not unless they test it thoroughly on WIC recipients first.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d welcome a few hogs around my place though
You have no idea what you’re saying.

I don’t know you or where you’re located but if you ever do get them like we’ve got them here you’ll hang your head and cry while you’re trying to repair the damage they brought to you.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have no idea what you’re saying.

I don’t know you or where you’re located but if you ever do get them like we’ve got them here you’ll hang your head and cry while you’re trying to repair the damage they brought to you.
No reason to have them so bad. Lots of offers to take care of your pig problem.
🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom