Fried Egg Sandwich

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After being a cook for 30+ years most food is not appetizing to me, just fuel for the machine. But fried egg sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, and anything involving buttermilk biscuits will get my attention. Sometimes simplicity is the best. Or maybe it is the country boy in me, who knows.
Ain’t nothing wrong with po’ boy / country boy food. I’ve had the pleasure of eating a lot of different kinds of food but, if I get to choose the place it will always be a diner!

The Olde Orchard - Yukon
Mead Family Restaurant - Mead
Pappy’s - OKC
Sid’s - El Reno
Betty Ann’s - Tulsa
Country Kitchen - Kingston
Cattleman’s (early morning) - OKC

Those are just a few. I’ve not eaten at them all and some I can’t remember the name but those are “fine dining” establishments in my book!

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once tried to order a fried egg sandwich and the waitress said they don’t have them. I explained the ingredients I wanted and she said they had them all.

I said “just stack all that on toast and bring it on out.” That’s the lengths I’ve had to go to, to get a fried egg sandwich! 😂

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And is it just me or what- seems like I have to have mayo - lettuce- tomato and onion on almost any sandwich to make it good- I eat mustard on a hot dog and if I get the spicy mustard, I can eat it on a lot of stuff, but my folks are from the south, so we grew up on mayo. Another use for those eggs.

capnkirk462

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ain’t nothing wrong with po’ boy / country boy food. I’ve had the pleasure of eating a lot of different kinds of food but, if I get to choose the place it will always be a diner!

The Olde Orchard - Yukon
Mead Family Restaurant - Mead
Pappy’s - OKC
Sid’s - El Reno
Betty Ann’s - Tulsa
Country Kitchen - Kingston
Cattleman’s (early morning) - OKC

Those are just a few. I’ve not eaten at them all and some I can’t remember the name but those are “fine dining” establishments in my book!
Shortcakes Diner in Stillwater was my favorite place to eat when I lived there in the 80's

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once tried to order a fried egg sandwich and the waitress said they don’t have them. I explained the ingredients I wanted and she said they had them all.

I said “just stack all that on toast and bring it on out.” That’s the lengths I’ve had to go to, to get a fried egg sandwich! 😂
sounds like a candidate for Walmart or McDonalds- whatever they have a button for on the register for is all they have. When I was dieting and on the road. I would stop by Mcdonalds and order a sausage patty and an order of eggs. After they ask the manager if they can do that, I get it. I've paid anywhere from $.70 to $300 for that all over the country. Protein diet without carbs was the deal.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't live in OKC but there was a huge diner that sat on a hill looking over the city. Seems it was called Skyview or something similar but that might be totally a guess. I took my kids there when they were teens so 15 or so years ago. The waitresses all dressed like Flo, ours even looked like Flo, and the menu had every diner classic you could think of, including my favorite from up north that's not as common here, an open face roast beef sandwich covered with mashed potatoes and gravy. The kids hated it but I loved it. I'm into nostalgia.

Latest posts

Top Bottom