Is There a Known Time Limit on a Reply When Dealing on Here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just following the drama and trying to nail down the facts.

What time was the item listed and what time did you pm?
I believe the seller posted this information, time is not important, being able to make a solid deal and follow through is. I didnt need permission from a spouse, have a trade or a bunch of unnecessary questions, or need anything else from the seller.

Per my message I asked if It was still for sale, stated my interest, then we moved to text to finish the sale and planning.

The seller is free to pick and choose who they deal with. I've skipped interested parties that have a history of needing way to mich time and info from me, sometimes the juice isn't worth the squeeze. As in any deal, cash talks and ******** walks.. get ya money out amd to the seller if you are actually interested.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made my offer to trade within 12 minutes of your posting. And now you claim you had three other offers before mine that you failed to mention that to me when you PMed me. Right. If you really wanted to try and work a trade, you would have sent a "Are you still interested? I have other offers." You didn't. Since I've been a member since 2006 with a 100% rating who do you consider an "established member"? As far as hurt feelings didn't happen. Hellcats are a dime a dozen. The gun wasn't even for me. I was wanting it for my Godson. My problem with this little incident is it hurts the integrity of the group as a whole. It does prove a point another member made in the past that this site is slowly becoming Arms List.
There's plenty of examples where a post has been made, and I say I'll take it within 10 minutes to be number 3 or more in line. A good deal is going to get a frenzy of sharks. I've been here since 2009 with lots of transaction in the new feedback system and the old. Guess what? I get no special preference other than 1 point: If someone looks at the "75" next to my name, they'll probably know I'm legit. I tend to do trades more than not and 100% know that if I propose a trade on a post where its primarily for sale, I am losing out to anyone that shows up with cash before me.

For someone with "Pro Freedom" in their username you seem like you'd love to restrict how sales are done. Anyone on here is absolutely free to buy or sell what they want, how they want, to whom they want (subject to certain federal and state guidelines). I'm sure there's people that don't like me and don't want to sell or buy from me just because they don't like me. Cool. I'm sure there's people that will get multiple offers or PMs and pick the member they like best. Cool. There's no law saying anyone has dibs because they send a PM/Offer. No rule saying "I'll take it" trumps anything. If I went to Wanenmacher carrying around a Barrett 50 cal with a dowel rod in it that said "$1000 cash" I bet I'd have a crowd of people wanting to buy and I could take my pick --- even F2F there's no obligation to sell to the first person that came up to me.

IIRC the only real thing is that if a deal is agreed upon by both parties, then it's considered binding and breaking that is grounds for negative feedback. MOST people SEEM to go by "I'll take it" giving dibs, and SEEM to go by order of PM or thread post, and SEEM to always consider an "I'll take it" to trump an offer. But everyone's mileage will vary.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have purchased guns, scopes and other items on OSA for years (even sold a few). Never had an issue. I have made offers and been declined, I have been offered trades and usually declined them. There was even a time when I left an “I’ll take it” post and received a PM later that there was someone in front of me (via PM) that actually was going to get the gun.
Again, no big deal.
Everyone here has always honored there word in my dealings. When a deal was made (It’s yours, etc), it has always gone through. I have even held items for up to a month (and marked SPFs to let others know status) when someone else had stated they would take it and I have had folks here hold items for me for a few days so I could make it to them.
…all said, I think OSA is still a great place and I have met some really good folks here.
I've had the same experiences. I had a guy ask me to hold a scope that I was selling for two weeks until he had his money together. I held it and he came through with the money. Living in the northern part of the state I've made many deals at the P66 at the I-35 Stillwater exit or the Sand Springs Wal-Mart parking lot. I even delivered a rifle way out near the Ok. panhandle once on a sell.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's plenty of examples where a post has been made, and I say I'll take it within 10 minutes to be number 3 or more in line. A good deal is going to get a frenzy of sharks. I've been here since 2009 with lots of transaction in the new feedback system and the old. Guess what? I get no special preference other than 1 point: If someone looks at the "75" next to my name, they'll probably know I'm legit. I tend to do trades more than not and 100% know that if I propose a trade on a post where its primarily for sale, I am losing out to anyone that shows up with cash before me.

For someone with "Pro Freedom" in their username you seem like you'd love to restrict how sales are done. Anyone on here is absolutely free to buy or sell what they want, how they want, to whom they want (subject to certain federal and state guidelines). I'm sure there's people that don't like me and don't want to sell or buy from me just because they don't like me. Cool. I'm sure there's people that will get multiple offers or PMs and pick the member they like best. Cool. There's no law saying anyone has dibs because they send a PM/Offer. No rule saying "I'll take it" trumps anything. If I went to Wanenmacher carrying around a Barrett 50 cal with a dowel rod in it that said "$1000 cash" I bet I'd have a crowd of people wanting to buy and I could take my pick --- even F2F there's no obligation to sell to the first person that came up to me.

IIRC the only real thing is that if a deal is agreed upon by both parties, then it's considered binding and breaking that is grounds for negative feedback. MOST people SEEM to go by "I'll take it" giving dibs, and SEEM to go by order of PM or thread post, and SEEM to always consider an "I'll take it" to trump an offer. But everyone's mileage will vary.
I was wanting opinions on a reasonable time to reply to a Pm nothing more. You get into picking apart my username and reading more into this than there is. Maybe I should use my FCC call sign as my username. It is KG5FUU.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
As others have said, it’s all about the timing. If you really want the trade to happen, you post in the ad and follow up with a PM, then you sit on your message box, hitting the refresh button over and over, until the trade is worked out. If you drop a trade offer and then go do life for a while, be prepared to lose out. Especially if the trade item being offered isn’t as desirable as a trade item offered by someone else in the meantime.

Now IMHO, an unequivocal “I’ll take it” posted in the ad followed immediately by a PM to work out the details of a trade for cold, hard cash trumps all ;)
THIS

GH.45

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I made my offer to trade within 12 minutes of your posting. And now you claim you had three other offers before mine that you failed to mention that to me when you PMed me. Right. If you really wanted to try and work a trade, you would have sent a "Are you still interested? I have other offers." You didn't. Since I've been a member since 2006 with a 100% rating who do you consider an "established member"? As far as hurt feelings didn't happen. Hellcats are a dime a dozen. The gun wasn't even for me. I was wanting it for my Godson. My problem with this little incident is it hurts the integrity of the group as a whole. It does prove a point another member made in the past that this site is slowly becoming Arms List.
First, as a seller I or nobody else is obligated to tell you how many pm's we get or what order! And if people are really interested, they don't wait 6 hours to send pictures of their trade. If you would have sent them in a timely manner, I could have told you I wasn't interested in your mix-master AR. And if you would have told you buying it for someone else that would 've been deal breaker! And what hurts integrity of the group is when people get on here whining because when they don't get there way. You can give bad feedback if that makes you better, I never agreed to a deal with you. Again, thanks for offer but I'm done!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, as a seller I or nobody else is obligated to tell you how many pm's we get or what order! And if people are really interested, they don't wait 6 hours to send pictures of their trade. If you would have sent them in a timely manner, I could have told you I wasn't interested in your mix-master AR. And if you would have told you buying it for someone else that would 've been deal breaker! And what hurts integrity of the group is when people get on here whining because when they don't get there way. You can give bad feedback if that makes you better, I never agreed to a deal with you. Again, thanks for offer but I'm done!

By the rules, he could not leave negative feedback:

A negative rating becomes an option once these terms have been agreed to by both parties:
  • Date/Time of meeting. (Up to a 2 hour range is acceptable)
  • Location of meeting.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What hurts the integrity of the group is people like you. I never asked you for a list of PMs or the order in which you got them. There again that shows you weren't just selling or trading the gun, you were auctioning it off. You must have been interested in my AR until you got a better offer because you asked for pictures of it. I posted this to begin with to get an opinion of the members on a reasonable time to reply to a PM. I never mentioned your name but, you just had to jump in and start defending your actions. Again, I never said we had a deal. I don't need to post negative feedback (even if I could), you are doing a great job of that. You just can't let this go.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

It is good to see both sides of the story so we can see who is disgruntled without warrant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom