Obama skipping Nancy Reagan's funeral

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think her corpse really cared either way to be honest.
I guess we could ask it, but may not like the response..

Then again.. I've never understood Western norms that were blatant ripoffs of Pagan rituals anyway.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the liberals posted terrible things when Nancy Reagan died such as, "died-dong, the old witch is dead etc." The sis deplorable and I can't think of one Repub who would do such a thing. And Obama's failure to go to the funeral? He's going to a high-tech groupie meeting instead and it is probably better because he'd want to give a speech to let everyone know he is there. I've known a few people in my lifetime that were egotistical but none as bad and crude as Obama.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think her corpse really cared either way to be honest.
I guess we could ask it, but may not like the response..

Then again.. I've never understood Western norms that were blatant ripoffs of Pagan rituals anyway.

A funeral isn't a pagan anything - it is quite natural for humans to wish to grieve together to allow themselves to say goodbye in the company of their fellow mourners.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some of the liberals posted terrible things when Nancy Reagan died such as, "died-dong, the old witch is dead etc." The sis deplorable and I can't think of one Repub who would do such a thing. And Obama's failure to go to the funeral? He's going to a high-tech groupie meeting instead and it is probably better because he'd want to give a speech to let everyone know he is there. I've known a few people in my lifetime that were egotistical but none as bad and crude as Obama.

Yes, when Ted Kennedy died, all Republicans were respectful and reverent in their comments.

Over the course of the next three hours, Breitbart unapologetically attacked Kennedy, calling him a “villain,” “a big ass motherf@#$er,” a “duplicitous bastard” and a “prick.”

I suggest you simply do a search for Michelle Obama on this very site to dispel your silly notion. Republican are just as mean and spiteful as Democrats.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my experience, both ultra conservatives and ultra liberals refuse and deny facts and instead choose to debate based solely off emotion.

Guns.
Marijuana.
Homosexuality.

Neither is innocent, both are comical. Ultra cons are the South Park stereotypical rabblers while ultra libs are the internet meme stereotypical "offended by everything" types.

It may be a conditioned response. I believe that many of us are trained to experience outrage by frequent exposure to click bait verbage that matches our political point of view. The payoff must be the endorphins produced by righteous anger.

"Breaking News: Hillary is going to hate this...."

"Alert: Obama just did something you will not believe!"

Almost invariably it is some minor picky thing.

We would all probably benefit by seeking out positive things, lighting candles and stop cursing the darkness.

Dave70968

In Remembrance 2024
Special Hen
Reaction score
President Franklin D. Roosevelt did not attend Lou Henry Hoover’s funeral in 1944.
President Carter didn’t attend Mamie Eisenhower’s funeral in 1979.
President Reagan did not attend the longest-lived First Lady in American history Bess Truman’s funeral in 1982.
President Clinton did not attend Pat Nixon’s funeral in 1993.
President Bush did not attend Lady Bird Johnson’s funeral in 2007.
President Obama also did not attend Betty Ford’s funeral in 2011.

In fact, the only First Ladies whose funerals have been attended by a sitting President in the last 70 years were Eleanor Roosevelt in 1962 by JFK and Jacqueline Kennedy in 1994 by Clinton.

Is is fairly normal protocol. Nothing to see here. No "new lows", nothing to do with race or religion, either. Absolutely no need to get fired up.

TWEEEEET! Ten yard penalty, illegal use of facts!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Illogical responses to things Obama has done/is doing that the exact same way most every president in our lifetimes has done (and there have been many of these - not just this) just give credence to the left's claim that the right unduly scrutinizes Obama due to his skin color and funny-sounding name.

Of course that's fallaciously jumping to a conclusion on their part, but nevertheless, the real reasons aren't much more substantial.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can damn sure get fired up if we want too Mr. Google pants. Don't need some limp wrister telling me what is or isn't worthy of fire.
Rules are in place for a reason. Calling people names is not cool. Thats the old OSA. Some people are just too ignorant to know better I guess. Mr Tanner went to a lot of trouble to find that info. [emoji107]

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom