OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife was a fifth grade teacher, and there was four of them that were ( and still are) very good friends. Naturally there was one that retired before the others, and on the first day of school the next year, she was sitting in a lawn chair, dressed in her robe, with a mug of coffee, on the sidewalk leading to the front door of the school as the other teachers arrived to start the new year.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s one of the great things about being retired. We get to say “work” and just sit back down, have another cup of coffee, and wave at the folks that are driving off to that xxxxxx place.
Oh, heck no! :angry3: All I get is can you help me put in some electrical stuff, can you help me run a combine, can you help me remove the old fence before my new one gets in, can you help me put some pavers around my new building, can you help me, can you help me, can you help me, and so on.......
Your retired, you have plenty of time!
Now you know why we spend 7-8 months out of the year in the RV way to get the heck away from here.
The last month and a half after getting home from the winter trip has involved a tad less than 100 hours of physical work doing some of the above.
I spent 6 hours today and $62 removing debris from a yard at 92 degrees to take to a dump site.
Yes, there is a method to stop this.
No, is the way, but my conscience just doesn't have the ability to say that.
Since I was a kid, some relative would try to pay me for doing a little job in the yard or whatever.
It actually embarrassed me to take their money because I thought that helping was just something you did. Even as a kid.
Guess that's why I've volunteered for non-paying jobs over the years at civic and gun club organizations.
At the gun club, it always amazed me when members wouldn't come out to help the facility, they were members of, yet bitched when something was not to their liking.
Get your butt out there and fix it!!
I have hundreds of excuses that I can relate.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was taken at the Sea Life Center in Seward, AK back in 2005. Our cruise had just ended in Seward and our luggage placed on a tour bus, and while waiting to take a train to Anchorage, we toured the Sea Life Center and then toured Resurrection Bay. After the boat ride around the bay, we then took the train to Anchorage, and our tour bus drove to Anchorage to pick us up at the train station and take us to the hotel.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter in law and grandson flew in on Sunday, and we finally got to see them for a few hours today. My wife shocked me by talking about relocating to west TX to be close to them.
My daughter in law’s mother has cancer and isn’t doing great, so they’re spending the majority of their time here with her.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter in law and grandson flew in on Sunday, and we finally got to see them for a few hours today. My wife shocked me by talking about relocating to west TX to be close to them.
My daughter in law’s mother has cancer and isn’t doing great, so they’re spending the majority of their time here with her.
Some of our RV friends spent their working life in Borger Tx. They hate West Tx. I think you would too.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening friends,
Just made it back up to the lake house for the week. We are planning on staying until Monday night or maybe drive back and go straight to work on Tuesday. Have lots of small projects to do for my neighbors and my mom but should have plenty of time to get on the lake and do some fishing.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had some sort of wind event/storm about 9:30 last night, and I was out until almost 1 with my neighbor clearing a big tree off the highway up the road from our houses. The road to town was blocked too, but it was too far for me to drive the skid steer. We decided to let the state do their job on those.
I assessed my place in the dark, and it looked bad but is actually worse in the daylight. There are three big trees down right behind the barn with one being on the power line and probably 8-10 more scattered around the place.
I’ve got coffee made off generator power, so that’s one good thing this morning.
I’ll be swinging a chainsaw to clear fences and piling brush, so I sincerely hope y’all have a better day. :thumb:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of our RV friends spent their working life in Borger Tx. They hate West Tx. I think you would too.

Well, DUH!!!!

Borger, TX isn't much to speak about.

But seriously, as a photographer that looks for neat things to photograph, I've seen beauty in some really desolate looking places.

Latest posts

Top Bottom