Pabst Blue Ribbon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
PBR has been huge in the rockabilly crowd for years. I used to drink it because it was the only beer at the car shows we went to in Austin and Vegas. That was around 2002 when it was just getting back around. Now it's cool for the hipster doofus crowd. I think it's supposed to make us think they could care less about their fathers money that pays for the Prius they have parked in the bar parking lot.

I'm an old (see cheap) beer aficionado. I used to drink Pearl when it was Pearl. It got bought by someone, Miller if I remember, and they started bottling the urine they put in all their beers. Not the same anymore.

I like Schlitz. It's pretty darn good. But I'm telling you the best "cheap" beer hands down is Old Milwaukee. Not that Milwaukee's best crap, I'm talkin one of the originals here. I used to pick it up at the Reasor's near my house but they stopped selling it a month or so ago. Now I grab it from the package store.

These old beers taste like beer. The new buds, coors, etc. have no flavor at all. But I like flavor, that's why I'm a Guinness man. But only on tap. It's just not the same from a bottle or can. Not even close. But for dinner and drinkin around the house or lake, Old Milwaukee.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont knock the MGD its what got me through college. We used to get 30 packs for like 12 bucks. We thought we were afficianados when we splurged on the Beast. I have drank PBR but my stepdad was partial to pearl over PBR so that is what we drank. Schlitz was another favorite.

Latest posts

Top Bottom