We obviously don't go out to eat much

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went to lunch today somewhere we haven't been for a while, and at a new location we hadn't been to before. Jason's Deli in Bixby. We always enjoyed the 1/2 sandwich (ruben) and side salad, because the salad bar is always great, and the corned beef on the ruben is always stacked high. We usually don't get sodas, but we did today. $39.80! It was good, but not that good. Eating at home again... Makes us appreciate our other places we like, and can get out the door for much less.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We never ate out a lot, but since the 2020 shutdown, I haven’t eaten in a sit down restaurant more than maybe 10 times. We ate out last weekend with my wife’s family for my father in law’s birthday at a place we used to eat at fairly regularly after church, and I got sticker shock when I looked at the menu. The food was good, but it wasn’t worth what I paid for it. Needless to say, I won’t be going back unless it’s an “occasion”.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going out to eat is my vice. I don't drink, do dope, gamble or any of that stuff, but I love to sit down across from my lovely wife and have a meal, usually something we can't or don't cook at home.

I took her to a nice place last night, food was out of the park awesome, service was great. We had appetizer, tea, and each an entrée. Cost about 80 bucks. Worth every penny.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
We went to lunch today somewhere we haven't been for a while, and at a new location we hadn't been to before. Jason's Deli in Bixby. We always enjoyed the 1/2 sandwich (ruben) and side salad, because the salad bar is always great, and the corned beef on the ruben is always stacked high. We usually don't get sodas, but we did today. $39.80! It was good, but not that good. Eating at home again... Makes us appreciate our other places we like, and can get out the door for much less.
Yeah, I've eaten there twice since they opened craving a good corned beast sandwich. First time the meat was like shoe leather, second time they were very stingey on the quantity of meat. I gave them a crappy Yelp review. They'll probably fail like every other food joint that inhabited that location.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don't go to fancy joints but we usually eat out about once a week and it normally runs us around $30-$40.

We had Mexican chow at Zapata's, next to the old Sheplers bldg. in OKC, last Friday....the food and service were good and we both got full as ticks for just a hair under $30.00.

Latest posts

Top Bottom